[Football] *** Some Foreigners versus England *** Official match thread

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Going on about that cross from Barkley when Gross does that all the time

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Barkley had a poor first half for England at Wembley (the same as his previous England games), but then finally came alive/got his confidence and had a fantastic second half. He will always lack pace, but is beginning to show his other attributes in an England shirt.

I think he looks like a poor man's Wayne Rooney. He can't seem to cement a place for England or Chelsea. That said, he has ability. Hopefully he'll have an epiphany, like Sterling.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Always going to happen as soon as I posted that!

But still nowhere near good enough for an England midfield that wants to win something. His position is the one spot where I can’t really see an option available to Southgate with the potential to be a tournament winner.

Can you do that again please?

Another goal to win my bet and relax but it's all going to plan. :)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
ITV have changed their mind on Hudson Odoi so many times in the last hour I can’t keep up. Is he the new Ronaldo or still a boy in a man’s game?

It is puzzling the way they're speaking of him. He's had moments of brilliance, and episodes where his decision making hasn't been all that, as might reasonably be expected of an 18yr old lad who's never started a Premier League game for his club.

Clearly has huge potential, but let's not hail him the saviour of English football before half time, ITV.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It is puzzling the way they're speaking of him. He's had moments of brilliance, and episodes where his decision making hasn't been all that, as might reasonably be expected of an 18yr old lad who's never started a Premier League game for his club.

Clearly has huge potential, but let's not hail him the saviour of English football before half time, ITV.

Thought that was Jordan Sancho?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I think he looks like a poor man's Wayne Rooney. He can't seem to cement a place for England or Chelsea. That said, he has ability. Hopefully he'll have an epiphany, like Sterling.

I cant wait for him to be replaced by Foden or whoever else is coming through. I really dont like him but he is proving me wrong today. This team as a whole though I feel like I am watching France or Germany they know they will win and it doesnt phase them. It just feels surreal.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"Kyle Walker, who must be the most wrongly named player in English football"- a near Partridge moment from Tyldesley there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here