Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton and Injuries tracker 2018/19

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Update pre Millwall

bit more detail via https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17...back-for-the-return-to-premier-league-action/

Gross [hamstring] - out for Millwall - "The aim for Pascal is Southampton. That's our hope."

Andone [thigh] - out for Millwall - "It wasn't as bad as we thought. He did feel his thigh. He had a problem at the start of the season with a thigh strain and I think all he has done is stretch a little bit of the scar tissue around it, so it's not bad. We are confident he will be fit for Southampton.
...Sunday has come around a little bit too quick.

A fully fit squad for Southampton would be fantastic. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the update.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Update pre Millwall

bit more detail via https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17...back-for-the-return-to-premier-league-action/

Gross [hamstring] - out for Millwall - "The aim for Pascal is Southampton. That's our hope."

Andone [thigh] - out for Millwall - "It wasn't as bad as we thought. He did feel his thigh. He had a problem at the start of the season with a thigh strain and I think all he has done is stretch a little bit of the scar tissue around it, so it's not bad. We are confident he will be fit for Southampton.
...Sunday has come around a little bit too quick.

I can empathise with this. You get to Friday evening and the whole weekend stretching out before you, and suddenly it's Sunday evening and you've got work in the morning!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Hughton reiterated today on the Albion website the current injury situation with only Gross/Andone not 100% but both are targeted for Southampton.

"At this moment it's only Pascal Gross and Florin Andone who are out injured, and both of them have a chance for Southampton.
"The good thing, particularly with the cup run, is the players that haven't featured so much have at least had games.
"Leon Balogun, for example, is going away on international duty with Nigeria and we're hoping he plays both matches."

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2019/march/hughton-i-can-rely-on-a-strong-squad/

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Reports that Kayal injured playing for Israel. Had to be “supported” off the pitch.

Via
[tweet]1108838427565395969[/tweet]

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
FFS. I hate the international break. Fingers crossed Kayal is just a knock, and that the rest of them get back in one piece.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
FFS. I hate the international break. Fingers crossed Kayal is just a knock, and that the rest of them get back in one piece.

Agreed.

I think we are a bit light in midfield with quality. This doesn't help at all

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Agreed.

I think we are a bit light in midfield with quality. This doesn't help at all

Not only with quality. Light on sheer numbers. If Groß is not back for Southampton, and Kayal is crocked, then if we stick to the current system, we have ZERO in reserve, beyond Max Sanders or Jay Molumby.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Not only with quality. Light on sheer numbers. If Groß is not back for Southampton, and Kayal is crocked, then if we stick to the current system, we have ZERO in reserve, beyond Max Sanders or Jay Molumby.

Yves Bissouma is back for Saints

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yes. But he, Stephens and Pröpper have all been starting. There is nobody left in reserve.

Fine! I'll do it. But if I come on and play such a blinder that no one is happy to have anyone else but me in the squad, and every other footballer starts attending our matches to see me in action to learn just what a true footballing god is, I don't want you complaining about all the real fans that are missing out on seats to accommodate them, or moaning about the repetitive threads criticising the rest of our team for not being as good as me.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

If we have to use Sanders and/or Molumbey as back up, I see that as an opportunity for them. It is a tad premature to write off their possible inclusion as the end of the world as we know it.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Good news Kayal expected to be fit for Sundays game.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Gross may not make Soton but I’d be stunned if he wasn’t fit 1 week later. I’m confident that most niggling injuries will clear up for 6th April....

Bissouma, Stephens, Propper is fine for Soton.

I’m coming round more and more to the idea of “**** the Chelsea game” though.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Whenever called upon they have both looked impressive. They can do no better than that and they are the future as opposed to Kayal who is the past and IMHO could well be in line to move on in the summer.

So how many times have you watched them as asked and when exactly have they been called upon in either the championship of premier league?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here