Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Every Republican wasted their time - bar one young guy who seemed genuine - attacking Cohen’s character rather than querying the hugely important evidence, ykno, the actual reason for the hearing.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Every Republican wasted their time - bar one young guy who seemed genuine - attacking Cohen’s character rather than querying the hugely important evidence, ykno, the actual reason for the hearing.

This.

A convicted criminal can testify against suspects under US law. It’s brought down different mobsters in their history.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
BBC had a good summary then.

The Republicans haven’t been able to challenge the new physical evidence one bit, so they’re trying to trash the man.

It's fairly damming isn't it. Can't disprove what he's saying, so let's try to discredit the messenger. Sadly the Trumpsters will all lap that up as some sort of justification for disbelieving all of this, while the rest of the WORLD looks on in disbelief.

What is needed out of this is something that can lead to a prosecution or ideally his removal from office.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
And in latest news, it would appear that the press conference to announce the "deal" signed with North Korea has been called off as talks completely break down.

Strange, as I thought he was "a great negotiator, the best negotiator." Yet this has a definite whiff of him being played by the "little rocket man".

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Such a shame after all their love letters. The bromance is halted. Trump is really envious of Kim's achievements. 37% of women sexually assaulted by police or officials. Beatings, executions and gulags for any opposition voices. Plus an ever increasing nuclear arsenal. At least it's given POTUS food for thought.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I watched every minute of yesterday's testimony and thought the most impressive questioning came from Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. She managed to get in a local issue for her own constituents, and then got Cohen to say several times that it would be beneficial to get hold of Trump's tax returns and financial statements. This latter move was really smart and gives Congress a reason to do exactly that. In the long run, it may be the most significant part of yesterday's grilling.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I watched every minute of yesterday's testimony and thought the most impressive questioning came from Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

Not for the first time. It's a bit off topic but can anyone recall a politician making such a splash in such a short space of time? A year ago, no-one had heard of her and now she can be identified by her initials and everyone knows who she is.

Unless there's some sort of scandal, she's nailed on to be president at some point in the next 15 years.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Not for the first time. It's a bit off topic but can anyone recall a politician making such a splash in such a short space of time? A year ago, no-one had heard of her and now she can be identified by her initials and everyone knows who she is.

Unless there's some sort of scandal, she's nailed on to be president at some point in the next 15 years.

She's very refreshing, and the youngest ever woman elected to Congress.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

She is amazing. Sharp as a tack, always to the point (with no grandstanding). No wonder the Republicans hate / fear her so. Future President?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I do wonder whether she's created such a stir purely for her views or because she's such a looker too. I guess that it's impossible to separate the two, so we'll never know. She's seriously sharp, the video exposing political corruption - the one that went viral - was an amazing dissection of the problems at the heart of the US establishment.

I do know that she's terrifying the right wing. I watched a segment from a Fox programme where she was the subject of a character assassination based on the idea that she wanted to ban people from having children. When you have TV stations making up nonsense like that, you know that people are rattled.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I do wonder whether she's created such a stir purely for her views or because she's such a looker too. I guess that it's impossible to separate the two, so we'll never know. She's seriously sharp, the video exposing political corruption - the one that went viral - was an amazing dissection of the problems at the heart of the US establishment.

I do know that she's terrifying the right wing. I watched a segment from a Fox programme where she was the subject of a character assassination based on the idea that she wanted to ban people from having children. When you have TV stations making up nonsense like that, you know that people are rattled.

Its almost certainly been on here before, but it's worth re-sharing

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008

Been very impressed with her since she became a US Representative for New York this January. I like her views on the Environment, taxation and Immigration - where she wants to disband ICE which is a rather nasty government agency. I can't vote until I get my US citizenship but would definitely support her when I do

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

She ticks every single trigger box for Republicans. She's everything they're not;

Young
Not white
Not from money
Genuinely cares about the little guy

The likes of her and Beto O'Rourke suggest a bright future for the Democrats.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I watched every minute of yesterday's testimony and thought the most impressive questioning came from Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. She managed to get in a local issue for her own constituents, and then got Cohen to say several times that it would be beneficial to get hold of Trump's tax returns and financial statements. This latter move was really smart and gives Congress a reason to do exactly that. In the long run, it may be the most significant part of yesterday's grilling.

BBC Newsnight or similar had a long article about AC-C a few months back. She’s incredible. Brave in the face of murderous loons, ultra intellligent, charismatic. But first she’ll face all the other Democrat candidates, there are some good people, in their Primaries. Then the onslaught (with a huge budget) of the Pence/Trump lies machine.

Separately, at the other end of the age spectrum, god I love the work of Democrat, Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi. Still sharp as a razor, she’s masterminded the aggro Tangerine Man has faced in getting his ult right legislation through.

Two great women.

Bet Trump/Pence would love them gunned down.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Good ol' Trump, ever the bullyboy Art-Of-The-Deal business thug. Walks away from the talks with Kim Jong Un because he doesn't get his way. What a tiny-handed COCK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here