Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Looking forward to getting our Good Deal on Thursday, can't wait, sooo excited, it's like Christmas - yippee!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
This thread is worth a read if you think No Deal is an option.

[tweet]1051411763680473090[/tweet]

Click tweet for full thread.

Not one single person who is advocating 'No deal', least of all the rabid brexiters on this thread, will read any of that. They have no wish to be educated. Why would they? For them ego and ideology is way more important than fact.

Well here's one Brexiteer who has bothered to read it ( making Hans wrong straight away ). I'm sorry but if that's the best 'informative document' of a no deal then we've all dumbed down so much evolution must be going backwards. Full of utterly ridiculous 'examples' and analogies. And it's anything but balanced. So I'll dismiss it for what it is ..... a post on twatter by a tw@t.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not one single person who is advocating 'No deal', least of all the rabid brexiters on this thread, will read any of that. They have no wish to be educated. Why would they? For them ego and ideology is way more important than fact.

Well here's one Brexiteer who has bothered to read it ( making Hans wrong straight away ).

I said 'rabid brexiters'. Up to you, if you're accepting membership of that esteemed group.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Well here's one Brexiteer who has bothered to read it ( making Hans wrong straight away ). I'm sorry but if that's the best 'informative document' of a no deal then we've all dumbed down so much evolution must be going backwards. Full of utterly ridiculous 'examples' and analogies. And it's anything but balanced. So I'll dismiss it for what it is ..... a post on twatter by a tw@t.

What do you mean when you say that it is anything but balanced? What has he not included?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I'd already seen that.

Any deal is better than *no deal*.

But then there is the considered view of those on here and elsewhere who disagree with you...

"As long as we leave the cesspit,most of us couldn't give a toss about the deal."

No-deal, Norway, Canada Plus, Chequers Minus... details, details, all that matters to them is that Leave Means Leave. Just that. Nothing more.

You can't help feeling the country has a problem.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
What do you mean when you say that it is anything but balanced? What has he not included?

Have a look at his other tweets ...... a rabid remainer. It's like asking Farage for a balanced view of remaining.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I'm not Nibble, I can accept that there are intelligent pro-Brexit people out there. But at what point do we have to arrive at for you to consider that quitting the EU might not be in the nation's interest? Just writing off a tweet so detailed that it was posted in 47 parts as the work of a "tw@t" suggests to me that you barely read any of it, never mind some of it..

Actually, ignore that as it is besides the point. If you don't agree, then dissect his position properly. You can do better than that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Have a look at his other tweets ...... a rabid remainer. It's like asking Farage for a balanced view of remaining.

Farage, who made clear that remaining in the CU was a viable option, and who made clear before the vote, that a '52/48' result would mean the discussion was far from over?

Poor example. Nigel is way less rabid, than many of NSC's finest Brexit advocates.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Balance is over rated and the enemy of truth and reality.

Claims need fact checking, the truth does not need a falsehood to 'balance' it.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm not Nibble, I can accept that there are intelligent pro-Brexit people out there. But at what point do we have to arrive at for you to consider that quitting the EU might not be in the nation's interest? Just writing off a tweet so detailed that it was posted in 47 parts as the work of a "tw@t" suggests to me that you barely read any of it, never mind some of it..

Actually, ignore that as it is besides the point. If you don't agree, then dissect his position properly. You can do better than that.

Are you a menopausal woman whom nobody likes, gossips all day and works in an office for an insurance company? Because you hold a grudge like one.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
But then there is the considered view of those on here and elsewhere who disagree with you...

"As long as we leave the cesspit,most of us couldn't give a toss about the deal."

No-deal, Norway, Canada Plus, Chequers Minus... details, details, all that matters to them is that Leave Means Leave. Just that. Nothing more.

You can't help feeling the country has a problem.

I wonder what these people actually want out of. They say ‘out of the EU’ and that ‘any deal out of the EU is good’, and they ‘don’t care what kind of deal’. It seems to me it’s just their own idea of something that they want out of. I agree with your last point re. feeling the country has a problem.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

i've skimmed over it too, its a rehash of last 2 years, not sure if condensing to tweets helps or hinders the debate (trivialises imo). not going to argue any of it, bar one: a decision to invoke article 50 had to be taken as the EU refused any negotiations until it was. often overlooked.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
i've skimmed over it too, its a rehash of last 2 years, not sure if condensing to tweets helps or hinders the debate (trivialises imo). not going to argue any of it, but raise an objection: a decision to invoke article 50 had to be taken as the EU refused any negotiations until it was. often overlooked.

And a very fair one. That said, it didn't feel like the UK government negotiating team were ever all on the same page - probably something that should have been clear before article 50 was triggered.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
And a very fair one. That said, it didn't feel like the UK government negotiating team were ever all on the same page - probably something that should have been clear before article 50 was triggered.

in retrospect i dont think they were even reading the same book.

also a reminder for anyone forgetting there are other parties involved in all this, interesting assessment from German Economic Institute last week. no idea what their political persuasions are. TLDR, non-tariff barriers predicted to cost EU 25bn. im certain there will be a deal eventually.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here