Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zidane

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Its ' Arry ' for me for Madrid.
Ideal man to lick that squad of overpaid, underperforming and cheating ponces into shape. Only problem, could they afford him?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Zidane will enjoy a summer off then take the France job when they drop out of the World Cup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Klopp at 33's

It'll never happen, but the dippers fallout would truly be something to behold.

You are dead right, it will never happen. Real only appoint winners. .....Jurgen ( P7 L7 ) Klopp has a helluva lot to prove yet that he is not a serial loser.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You are dead right, it will never happen. Real only appoint winners. .....Jurgen ( P7 L7 ) Klopp has a helluva lot to prove yet that he is not a serial loser.

I know. I'd just love it to happen for the outcry.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Ahem...

Zidane steps down...pochetino to real..hughton to Spurs......

Not in the main role. Whether Spurs wanted him for something else is another matter. Ideal defensive coach. Don't think he would want that.

I think his next appointment would be an international one. ROI, maybe.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Right now Pochettino is favourite according to the Oddschecker display. I find this surprising, given he has just signed a 5-year deal with Spurs and now his players are lining up to sign similar improved deals as Levy loosens the purse strings.

I think Poch would be making a big mistake if he took the Real job now. There have been 13 managers in the last 15 years at Real and nobody's stayed longer than Mourinho's 3 years during that time. The job comes up regularly.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't see Wenger taking another managers job, he really doesn't need the hassle at his age. Upstairs job for him somewhere, methinks.

I disagree. By all accounts the bloke is absolutely addicted to football. He obsesses over it, watches it endlessly, and if it were up to him he'd still be in the hot seat at Arsenal.

If France bomb at the World Cup and they bin off Deschamps, I reckon he'd jump at that job (if ZZ doesn't get there first).

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

Well that gets points for the worst post on this thread. Pellegrini, Quieroz, Del Bosque, Valdano, Ramos and Zidane are all managers that were NOT winners before being appointed.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Believe it expires today but there is talk that they will keep him on gardening leave on his £1.3m wages unless somebody coughs up some compo

I read that he would have the option tomorrow of resigning for £500k but Napoli would still be due compensation from whoever his next club is. Chelsea apparently believe that they will only have to pay around £3million if this is the case, rather than the £7mill they'd have to pay today.

Conte is the real problem in that apparently he is not leaving his contract unless Chelsea pay him the £9million he'd earn from his final year. Chelsea can't really afford to do this due to FFP and not qualifying for the Champions League (I'm sure they will find a way to get rid of him).

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Joachim Lòw would be a good choice. The biggest question mark would be how successful at week-to-week management would he be?

Mauricio Pochettino has won nothing but is potentially a decent replacement with what he's done at a small club in Spurs. :lol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here