Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Leicester City?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Both strategies carry risk. Though I think we’ve veered too much towards “speculative, might come to something might not” sort of signings. You end up with what we have, which is a large squad full of closely matched, functional players, who are lacking in match winning quality and are dull to watch.

If you go the other way, to get a smaller number of higher quality players, who have performed well in a top league, there are also risks, assuming you can get them in the first place. They could get injured and it’s harder to keep a restriction on the wage structure.

I just think that to have any chance of moving forwards, we’re going to need more final third quality than we have previously shown and we are going to have to find a way to develop or recruit those players. It's a gamble, but if we're not genuinely looking to improve, we'll be down either this season or soon enough

Functional and dull to watch sounds more like a tactical problem, maybe we have acted on that problem already?

Looking at what Poch has done at Spurs, on a budget half of that of the other top teams, is a great indication that spending money is not necessarily the answer.

Personally, I agree that it would be nice to splash out on a marquee striker, but transfers are a 2 way street and we are not the most appealing option for a star striker.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
We have no idea if that’s the case.........

Explain to me a situation where that is not the case. Did we not fulfil our duties as a PL club last year?

It's easy to look into how the club operates financially nowadays, very little isn't transparent and anything that really isn't, people such as El Presidente shed light on.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I don't think people should joke about this because we don't all get the joke every time and it's a serious matter too.

There's a serious risk of of heart failure or even self-combustion for many on here following the departure of AK.
Think before you make these jokes. Be kind with us.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't think people should joke about this because we don't all get the joke every time and it's a serious matter too.
Yes, I fully agree with you.

The problem was that it was a joke which the poster quickly took back, but another joker decided to repeat the original post on another thread without the quick retraction. :facepalm:

Now it has been mentioned again on this thread.

So a joke is rapidly becoming a FACT.

Luckily the timeframe mentioned in the original post has now passed.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Explain to me a situation where that is not the case. Did we not fulfil our duties as a PL club last year?

It's easy to look into how the club operates financially nowadays, very little isn't transparent and anything that really isn't, people such as El Presidente shed light on.

Because we have no idea what deals are being worked on.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I think the poster should be banned as there is a difference between a joke and an outright lie designed to cause problems and anxiety. Had it been described as being 3rd hand or a rumour that is different but it was put across as fact.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think the poster should be banned as there is a difference between a joke and an outright lie designed to cause problems and anxiety. Had it been described as being 3rd hand or a rumour that is different but it was put across as fact.

Guilty as charged, I was the original being silly (‘joke’) poster, done to parody/exaggerate the AK fallout. People here know their football business inside out, knowing from repeated posts from factual folk like @Chailey and the Argus that at this stage Dunk to Leicester is simply an idea in some fans minds. No one took it seriously. No one intended to alarm people (as might’ve been the case, for example, with the NSC incident of the fake postponement due to fog of a second Cardiff match in 2017).

NSC is more fun with sarcasm, irony, gentle wind ups.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I didnt take the post as a joke knowing that some people on here have inside knowledge.

BG, mate, nobody on here knows anything. What we do have is Enormous Opinions. Mine is MASSIVE :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I didnt take the post as a joke knowing that some people on here have inside knowledge.

Do they though, when it comes to transfers before they happen?

I take those ITK posts with a huge pinch of salt, because I think Bloom and Barber keep most transfer news incredibly private until they want us or the media to know.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here