Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
If he goes our nett spend so far this window will have been peanuts. Hopefully some decent signings to come in before the window SLAMS SHUT.......surely

We now need a ST, RB, ACM and RW (if AK goes AND no suitable U23 replacements)... ‘mare...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It is but are we being too sentimental on past achievements over current ones? There should be no sentiment in the PL sadly.

I will be gutted when he goes but I think I understand the logic. AK has not shone in the PL very often.

AK is a legend though imo.

I wonder if it because Hughton is no longer here. He thought the world of Chris and the way he handled the tragedies in Knocky's life.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
So we are left with the unproven in the case of Ali j, jug, andone and trossard, injured izzy and inconsistent march and have received a fee we have proved buys you very little and yet it is seen as a good move by many.
Lots of work to do in the rest of the window since we are no stronger than last year squad wise.
Seems to me the club believe that last years performance were totally down to CH.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Absolutely gutted at this news. I didn’t think he would leave as he has been through a lot at the club. Will never forget his first 20 minutes in the Sheff Wed playoff game where he absolutely battered their defence and his work in getting us promoted.

Good luck Knocky

Zac

Jun 2, 2018
He's defo going, he's a friend of a friend and he was trying on suits today for his signing pictures tomorrow. He's on a s*** load more money there which is evidently the main reason he's going, and can go back to being a big star in the championship. Absolutely gutted even if we do get 15 ish mil from it, he's a showstopper on his day and in incredible character + wouldn't be where we are now without him

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Anyone would think he had already gone, from these comments. I see no announcement. I hope and believe he will stay unless they make a massive offer.

You don't go for a medical before agreeing everything. The medical is the final tick box, isn't it?

Nothing we can do apart from wish him well. A very talented player and we will now never know if he hit his peak for us...

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
But Andy Naylor said this wasn’t true ?

https://mobile.twitter.com/andynaylorargus/status/1152283173168001025

Now not so much.

Some other journo quoting it’s a season loan with a £10m deal IF certain conditions are met...

These types of deal are becoming common place because the borrowing club doesn’t have the cost associated from a FFP perspective until they hopefully get promoted.

In our case the selling club doesn’t actually get the loot but assumption is we can put wages to better use (I bloody hope so) and probably importantly to the strategy reduce the average age.

Hope this isn’t a case of Potter thinking he’s been done twice with the family jewels being sold off.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham

Now not so much.

Some other journo quoting it’s a season loan with a £10m deal IF certain conditions are met...

These types of deal are becoming common place because the borrowing club doesn’t have the cost associated from a FFP perspective until they hopefully get promoted.

In our case the selling club doesn’t actually get the loot but assumption is we can put wages to better use (I bloody hope so) and probably importantly to the strategy reduce the average age.

Hope this isn’t a case of Potter thinking he’s been done twice with the family jewels being sold off.

I am not happy about him leaving but if it is a season loan and we dont even get money to use, well that would be bloody madness

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008

Now not so much.

Is there any value to us in structuring the deal this way? Granted, Knockeart is reportedly one of our highest earners, but but it doesn't provide us with the capital needed to find an adequate replacement. It's also a risky strategy should Fulham not gain promotion - Knockeart's contract will be reduced by a year and his value is likely to be significantly lower.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
This one would be hard. Regardless of the rights and wrongs of the decision, the emblematic Knocky going after the retirement of Bruno, the sacking of CH and with rumours about Dunky all feels like a stark reminder that this group has to break up. This is a group at Brighton that will be remembered here like England fans remember the boys of '66. Things always move on in football, but each of these will be among the hardest football goodbyes we will ever have to say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here