Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Bruce Springsteen

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That having been said, I love the title track of the album:

https://youtu.be/_IXzAAKrsFE

There are a couple of tracks that put me in mind of when he burst onto the scene and was touted as the new Dylan. I never really got that until this album.

Not the one you have posted btw :smile:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I bought that on vinyl at the time and was a tad disappointed. For me it is still BTR. Absolutely majestic record.

I wouldn't give the new one even a second of my time, I'm afraid. If I want dad-rock I'll listen to Mark Seymour. :lolol:

Don’t you find it quite ironic given your comments above that BTR is very high up in the top ten of dad-rock tracks :lolol:

Pudos

Aug 18, 2015
I'm a fan but haven't had chance to play this one yet. Thing is when you have been going as long as him things will change, different styles can be tried and be motivating. Still love Nebraska even tho it's so grim. Will hit play when off duty and on the way home

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I really am sick of the way the word 'dad' has become perjorative by prefixing other words. Dad rock and dad dancing are prime examples of insulting combinations. No one would dare say mum dancing!!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I really am sick of the way the word 'dad' has become perjorative by prefixing other words. Dad rock and dad dancing are prime examples of insulting combinations. No one would dare say mum dancing!!

My wife absolutely insists on dancing to La Macarena, so I reckon that’s Mum dancing! You will not catch me bopping to this

Tiptoe through the NSC

Sep 13, 2017
St. Leonards-on-Sea
From what I’ve heard so far it’s very similar to a solo album he did maybe 10 or 11 years ago which I found very luke warm.
But I’m a fan, Darkness On The Edge of Town being in my top five albums of all time, every track a banger.

Makes me wonder if you were at the Hard Rock Calling concert in 2013 when he played the whole thing live?

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Makes me wonder if you were at the Hard Rock Calling concert in 2013 when he played the whole thing live?

I was there for that concert, it was an absolutely awesome performance. Subsequently saw him again at Coventry a few years ago and he put on another great show. Definitely the best live performer I have seen.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I was there for that concert, it was an absolutely awesome performance. Subsequently saw him again at Coventry a few years ago and he put on another great show. Definitely the best live performer I have seen.

I was at the Coventry 2016 concert - the best gig I have been to, absolutely fantastic.

I’ve been to hundreds and hundreds of gigs over the years - all the top bands from the past, major festivals, intimate small venues - all music genres, and seen some amazing atmospheres and music.

But I can honestly say that the three hours and 40 minutes of his Wembley gig 2016, was the best gig I have ever attended, ever, anywhere.
Considering he was nearly 68, and just didn’t stop in that time, blew me away.

I didn’t think we would see him tour again - but maybe we’ll be lucky. This album could be interesting.

My Springsteen epiphany also came at the Wembley Arena either late '90's/early noughties. Althought a fan I did approach the gig in a "go on then, impress me" frame of mind. I was not disappointed and this was with the full E-Street - "Big Man" included. He owned the audience, particularly with the band introductions which were wonderfully over the top and culminated in him "forgetting" Clarence and having to be prompted by the audience. He had probably done this hundreds of times but it worked.

Great show and, as pointed out in another thread, joint greatest rock front man with Phil Lynott (RIP). I recall an interview with Lynott that I read where he stated that, when discussing the matter with Bruce the both agreed that "Van the Man" was the guy who influenced them the most.

.....And returning to the original topic, have listened to the new album once and consider it splendid.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I was at the Coventry 2016 concert - the best gig I have been to, absolutely fantastic.

That was good - full Born to Run album. But Etihad and Wembley was even better that year

What non fans fail to realise is that the E Street Band have very little idea of what the set list is going to be. Springsteen just changes it up, throwing in little known stuff sometimes. Makes for a fantastic gig seeing him walking around telling them which song from the back catalogue he is going to play next

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Only saw him the once on The River tour at the Brighton Centre, so guessing 1980/81. Wasn't a fan before, but that was one mighty gig.

Mar 24, 2011
I’ve been to hundreds and hundreds of gigs over the years - all the top bands from the past, major festivals, intimate small venues - all music genres, and seen some amazing atmospheres and music.

But I can honestly say that the three hours and 40 minutes of his Wembley gig 2016, was the best gig I have ever attended, ever, anywhere.
Considering he was nearly 68, and just didn’t stop in that time, blew me away.

I didn’t think we would see him tour again - but maybe we’ll be lucky. This album could be interesting.

Having been to over 30 Bruce shows that Wembley gig wasn't even in my top 5, that's how good he is.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Love the new album.

Sounds like another new album later this year with the E St Band and then a 2020 tour. I saw his last tour 4 times (twice in US, Rome and Wembley) and looking forward to another.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here