Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What rumour about a player coming to the Albion has excited you the most?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
In recent times it’s KLL, got to be given we already new what he could bring. In Division 3 he was so far ahead of the rest he was incredible to watch. One of those rare players that alone put bums on seats. Was enormously excited we’d be signing him permanently. A brilliant talent who electrified the crowd on numerous occassions.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The one that is on his way, our marquee signing that no one knows about yet, the one that is going to set The Amex on fire this season and having us frothing at the mouth.
Wonder who it is.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Khouma Babacar last season (maybe season before).

He was one of my goto signings on Football Manager and ended up being our all time top scorer in one save. I was ridiculously excited when we were linked even if it was only for a day or two.

Almost wet myself over this one for the day exact same reasons. Hopefully we can sign Carlos Fierro or Jan Fiete Arp next...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
CMS for me, I was at withdean when he absolutely tore us apart and thought how fantastic it would be to have a player like him, then we swooped, loved his run forest run attitude.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Bobby Smith. Mel Hopkins, a very cultured Welsh international left back from Spurs displaced there by Ron Henry of the 60/61 double winning side. Barry Bridges and Martin Chivers, both England internationals.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Daniel Webb. Whoever the manager was at the time (Coppell?) made a comment pubicaly that he would be the next Teddy Sherringham, who was of course in his prime then.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
CMS. At the time it was a real coup. Rarely have I wanted an Albion signing to work.

Kinda feel something’s missing from your final sentence there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Before my time sadly, were there rumours before he came then?

I imagine most would have dismissed them whilst laughing like a drain

Yes, the internet was rife with rumours :) Before my time to Icy .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here