Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Spam pop-up’s appearing using NSC

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
AdGuard on my apple devices appears to prevent me getting these.

Thanks for the reminder of this. Got it on my phones but not my iPod. Now working

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you get these, if you could include in your moan the following, it will speed up remediation massively:

- Device you are using
- Browser
- The URL you were directed too, or details of the pop-up

Again, I can only apologise. I know it'a a pain in the arse and I often only know about if you raise it. I've not seen one of these myself.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
If you get these, if you could include in your moan the following, it will speed up remediation massively:

- Device you are using
- Browser
- The URL you were directed too, or details of the pop-up

Again, I can only apologise. I know it'a a pain in the arse and I often only know about if you raise it. I've not seen one of these myself.

Still getting pop up adverts on my iPad It’s always Virgin media

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
And yet again . Dear EE customer you could win a £200 Aldi gift card

iPhone 8 Plus
Safari

Only just getting over the unresponsive website and used to take 3 or 4 reloads to get a post to come up during last few months and now this spam

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
[MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] first of all, thank you for the ad guard tip, I’ve not had a single problem since installing it. Can you tell me how to add a site to the whitelist, I’m struggling to work it out? Cheers

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
[MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] first of all, thank you for the ad guard tip, I’ve not had a single problem since installing it. Can you tell me how to add a site to the whitelist, I’m struggling to work it out? Cheers

Hi.
Click on the AdGuard app icon on your device home screen. Whitelist is down the left. Then completely ignore the search box bit, and in the big black box underneath it, type in e.g. www.brightonandhovealbion.com . No need for https:// . Then click on the green “Done” in the top right quarter.
I just tried that, it works.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ditto, I simply never see ads or pop ups on NSC on an iphone or ipad. (I don’t use tapatalk).

You simply won't be seeing anything on NSC in the near-future either.

People are absolutely within their right to block ads, as I am absolutely within my right to block content from those blocking ads also.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here