Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Emiliano Sala: Missing Premier League footballer's plane found

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
They have been no reports on the pilot as if he has not been found.

I don't believe he has been found. There were only ever reports of a single body spotted inside the wreckage, which we now know to be that of Sala.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Very sad indeed, and not helped by Nantes wanting their first installment on the transfer fee.

Sad that the whole situation has been.
Life goes on in the financial world, and the keepers of the purse strings at Nantes, only look into getting their money.
You would've thought that there may be an ounce of feelings in them asking for the first instalment.
But football, as we know is an astute business.
I do hope that things can be settled amicably.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Very sad story to hear. I'm interested to know what happened to the pilot as no suggestion of him being in the wreckage

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
A little surprised it is Sala as I was expecting the pilot to have gone down with the plane and if anyone had got out it it would have been the passenger.
I'd imagine the pilot was thrown out by the impact. Can't imagine anyone getting out from an iced up plane hitting the sea in winter

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I don't quite understand....maybe it is football, and the thought of what it would be if one of ours.....but every time I see a picture of his little face I well up. :(

It's because you are an ok person Harry :thumbsup:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
As the pilot was a regular pilot for skydivers, is it too outrageous to wonder if he bailed out and left his passenger? Anyway, I'm glad they found Sala for his family's sake. From reading the pilot's forum whatever comes from the official investigation it's obvious this pilot should never have chosen to fly at that time in those conditions.

Last edited:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Life goes on in the financial world, and the keepers of the purse strings at Nantes, only look into getting their money.
You would've thought that there may be an ounce of feelings in them asking for the first instalment.

Tragedies happen all the time. At a personal level for those close it is a devastating event. For the the rest of the world, it isn't.

The suits have a responsibility to all of those alive... Shareholders, employees, customers, fans, etc to do the best in unfortunately and sometimes untimely circumstances, but they do it because tragedies happen EVERY DAY and the world doesn't and shouldn't stop.

Whilst I have the greatest sympathy for the two, their families and their friends, my world didn't end in that moment nor did it for billions of others.

Why is it in appropriate for those responsible to behave in a professional manner doing the job they do and would have done regardless of the unfortunate circumstances of that flight?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
This has been an absolutely awful tragedy.

As Puppet Master said, now there's a feeling of closure - not that he'll ever be forgotten and my heart bleeds for all his family and friends.

You'll never be forgotten, Emiliano, and may you rest in peace. :angel:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Nantes are running a business and they will have financial obligations. From a report yesterday, it referred to a 'source' from Cardiff which would suggest that it is Cardiff that leaked the information and it is also Cardiff that are currently refusing to honour their side of the contract and are 'checking' the paperwork to see if they can get out of it. Cardiff could have kept it all under wraps but clearly wanted to deflect attention away from themselves.

The tragedy is a sorry reflection on the involvement of agents in the game and control they have.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nantes are running a business and they will have financial obligations. From a report yesterday, it referred to a 'source' from Cardiff which would suggest that it is Cardiff that leaked the information and it is also Cardiff that are currently refusing to honour their side of the contract and are 'checking' the paperwork to see if they can get out of it. Cardiff could have kept it all under wraps but clearly wanted to deflect attention away from themselves.

The tragedy is a sorry reflection on the involvement of agents in the game and control they have.

It's starting to get very grubby now that it comes down to money.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
As the pilot was a regular pilot for skydivers, is it too outrageous to wonder if he bailed out and left his passenger? Anyway, I'm glad they found Sala for his family's sake. From reading the pilot's forum whatever comes from the official investigation it's obvious this pilot should never have chosen to fly at that time in those conditions.

I am glad I am not the only one thinking the pilot may have bailed out. As you say he should never have flown in those conditions. Sincere condolences though to the family of both. Sala can now be laid to rest but what of the pilot's family - they will be left wondering.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I am glad I am not the only one thinking the pilot may have bailed out. As you say he should never have flown in those conditions. Sincere condolences though to the family of both. Sala can now be laid to rest but what of the pilot's family - they will be left wondering.

Actually, I read further - scrap that: to bail out the pilot would have had to get out of his seat and walk back through the plane past his passenger and open the door. Unlikely in an emergency, in storm conditions.... I imagine the agent(s), flight organiser and plane owner hope they don't find the pilot's body (and in particular his mobile phone) and the recovery of the plane stays as abandoned. For the investigation and his family, I hope they do!!

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Actually, I read further - scrap that: to bail out the pilot would have had to get out of his seat and walk back through the plane past his passenger and open the door. Unlikely in an emergency, in storm conditions.... I imagine the agent(s), flight organiser and plane owner hope they don't find the pilot's body (and in particular his mobile phone) and the recovery of the plane stays as abandoned. For the investigation and his family, I hope they do!!

Ok thanks for the additional information - agreed as far as the family are concerned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here