Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bong Today

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Game 25 of the season and someone thinks he was good because he was not as bad as he normally is and against a Watford Team who already know they are safe and went through the motions.
Watford only had a couple of attacks so not really the day to big up Bong.
Let's see where he is next week when the big boys of Burnley rain there crosses.
I suggest we see the real player as he backs off , turns his back, falls over...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Game 25 of the season and someone thinks he was good because he was not as bad as he normally is and against a Watford Team who already know they are safe and went through the motions.
Let's see where he is next week when the big boys of Burnley rain there crosses.
I suggest we see the real player as he backs off , turns his back, falls over...

Bollocks.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

Lame attempt.
**** off

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

We played a game of football today.
As normal we are discussing the match and our players good or bad.
Bong had a very good game today.
Which part of that do you not understand.
Or are you one of the tedious Bong haters that make me want to Chuck up.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Deufoleu can be a brilliant wideman who was trying desparately to give Watford a win. But time and time again, Bong came out on top, in a defensive masterclass, whilst finding time to push forward in attack.

A weirdly personal post by you about an Albion player.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I thought he was excellent.

Solid at the back, comfortable on the ball, positive in his passing (and I don't remember him giving the ball away). He also showed a fair bit of flair going forward.

After the dog's abuse he took from some after the Fulham game I think he deserves to be celebrated today.

I imagine the usual suspects will be on soon though, calling him 'an embarrassment of a footballer'.
I’m not his greatest fan but he had an excellent game today and even had a shot - with his right foot!

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I thought Bong was absolutely appalling on Tuesday and has made several big mistakes this season. That said he had a good game today and seemed far more assertive whereas Tuesday he was completely passive. Like the rest of the team maybe he's just better at home than away. He'll be tested more next week if he plays but well done.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

you seem to have unnecessarily **********d yourself into a conversation you have no right to be in, see ya.

*wanked

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Bong is not the greatest LB in the world, but in Albions world he did alright for us in the Championship and deserves a crack in the PL with the Albion.
He's a tryer and that's good enough for me :thumbsup:

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010
Bong made an interesting comment during his post
match interview on radio Sussex
He said he has a lot more to offer going forward and if fans
think he hasn’t that’s not true.
He has to respect his instructions tactically.
He said he loves and enjoys getting forward and getting crosses into
the box.
He is restricted going forward from the instruction s
from the coaching staff

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
the box.
from the coaching staff

Yep, he said that. He touched on fans criticism of him not going forward, then made it plain he had been under orders to stay solid defensively in the main.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Stop being reasonable I demand and misinformed witch hunt.....and I want it NOW!!!

Well, that's what you say. I demand a totally unreasonable transfer target, and I wand it NOW!!!!.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
the box.
from the coaching staff

I guess the question is whether Bernardo is being given different instructions or if he's disobeying orders then because Bernardo has a lot more attacking freedom. Curious.

Regardless that was possibly Bongs best PL game ever coming off the back of probably his worst couple of PL games ever so it was a heck of a turnaround. Honestly though, barring Muzza everyone had a brilliant game IMO, on another day that was finishing 4-0.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I guess the question is whether Bernardo is being given different instructions or if he's disobeying orders then because Bernardo has a lot more attacking freedom. Curious.

Regardless that was possibly Bongs best PL game ever coming off the back of probably his worst couple of PL games ever so it was a heck of a turnaround. Honestly though, barring Muzza everyone had a brilliant game IMO, on another day that was finishing 4-0.
I think it's more a case of respecting Bongs limitations. He's not got the same engine as Bernardo, both stamina and pace.

I have a lot of time for Bong, he's a decent enough back up for a team like ours. He's given us so much value given that we signed him on a free.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here