Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier league January 30th

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I do not think that either result is really relevant as the game against Watford is winnable if our attitude is correct.

Fine..but you asked why I said what I did ...I answered ..you don't agree... but you've just contradicted yourself as you said a defeat would make them want to bounce back...now you are saying any result is irrelevant ...hang on why am bothering to answer this......

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
20190130_220945.jpg

Screenshot_20190130-220915_Twitter.jpg

:lolol:

Worth checking out the latter. LITERALLY 20 tweets in the last half an hour claiming Andre Marriner is a racist for sending Zaha off.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
That Zaha sending off and them lot blowing a lead has cheered me up a bit after last night.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Lovely too see Ward-Prowse wind Zaha up and then fist pump to the crowd as the red was shown and our nemesis trundled off (oddly still applauding the ref).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well you called out for being one on the BBS

Yeah, apparently I'm KKK for once stating an opinion that the dismal Mark (not so) Bright must've been filling some kind of BBC quota for somehow having a job as a pundit there, as there certainly was no descernable journalistic or analytical talent. The MASTER of stating the bleedin' obvious, a dreadful pundit, hence the fact he barely gets near a microphone now. Cue handbags drawn up to chins on BBS. Couldn't actually give a toss what race, colour or creed anyone on my screen is, as long as they can do a job.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lovely too see Ward-Prowse wind Zaha up and then fist pump to the crowd as the red was shown and our nemesis trundled off (oddly still applauding the ref).

That was quite funny. Footballers are basically oversized children - they've spent their entire lives playing games for a living, so we probably shouldn't be overly surprised when they behave like petulant 13 year olds in a playground.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not a great few days for us. Effectively relegated from the PL division two, we're now struggling to retain our place at the top of PL division 3 - closer to Newcastle, Southampton and Burnley than we now are to Watford, West Ham and the like. Thirteenth place no longer looks like a comfortable place, with ambitions to maybe go a place or two higher.

January's been dire - we need a bloody good February please lads (and CH).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not a great few days for us. Effectively relegated from the PL division two, we're now struggling to retain our place at the top of PL division 3 - closer to Newcastle, Southampton and Burnley than we now are to Watford, West Ham and the like. Thirteenth place no longer looks like a comfortable place, with ambitions to maybe go a place or two higher.

January's been dire - we need a bloody good February please lads (and CH).

On the other hand, this season we could have been a Huddersfield (completely out of our depth), a Fulham (spending an eyewatering £100m+ in one window, then binning the manager, still can't defend for toffee), a Cardiff (almost zero investment, "happy to be here for 1 year"), a Southampton/Burnley (just treading water), or a Palace (oh F*CK - our wages alone are 80% of our turnover, if we go down we're in Admin x3, and as usual, 10,000 of our legendary diehard "fans" will disappear again).

Not taking anything for granted, but I think we're doing alright.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
On the other hand, this season we could have been a Huddersfield (completely out of our depth), a Fulham (spending an eyewatering £100m+ in one window, binning the manager, still can't defend for toffee), a Cardiff (almost zero investment, "happy to be here for 1 year"), a Southampton/Burnley (just treading water), or a Palace (oh F*CK - our wages alone are 80% of our turnover, if we go down we're in Admin x3 and 10,000 "fans" will disappear).

Not taking anything for granted, but I think we're doing alright.
Yes, but January's still been dire!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes, but January's still been dire!

P6 W1 D2 L3 F8 A10

That gruesome uncharacteristic half-hour 4-goal mongfest against Fulham the other night has certainly skewed things a bit, but 2 of those 3 defeats were against bloody Manchester United and Liverpool. Don't bin off the whole of January as being "dire" based on that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here