Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fulham "Neutral Area" Putney End

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
What is it that you disagree with? It is a fair system for all!

No, it's a fair system for the majority ...

I'm midlands based and the last away game I was able to get a ticket for [for a match within 75 miles of home] was Burton.
Really hoping I'll get to see my first game as a Prem team at the Hawthornes next week - albeit our 2nd string.
With the current loyalty system, I've got low/no chance for a prem fixture in the Midlands ...

So, not fair to all, but fair to the majority, so I'll not argue with that - but would still like to go to watch the Albion at Anfield / Etihad / etc,

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

I'm midlands based and the last away game I was able to get a ticket for [for a match within 75 miles of home] was Burton.
Really hoping I'll get to see my first game as a Prem team at the Hawthornes next week - albeit our 2nd string.
With the current loyalty system, I've got low/no chance for a prem fixture in the Midlands ...

So, not fair to all, but fair to the majority, so I'll not argue with that - but would still like to go to watch the Albion at Anfield / Etihad / etc,

I may well be wrong, but didn't most of the 'biggies' go to Membership level this season?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Could you not have got tickets for Fulham ? I thought that went down to a pretty low level, and Chelsea went on general sale did it not ?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Why didn't you try to get tickets for Burnley or Huddersfield ???

I realise they are not in the Midlands but neither is Liverpool or Manchester

In fact there are still 287 tickets for Leicester available to everybody with a purchase history - isn't that in the midlands so you have 100% chance to get tickets for that game

Last edited:

el punal

I don't think they categorise, so I guess by that then we are all Cat A teams, which is, IMO, how it should be.

I agree. I go to matches to watch the Albion play (and win!), the opposition is of secondary importance. We are after all in the same league and I find it insulting, and greedy, for clubs to increase prices because it’s Liverpool or Chelsea as opponents rather than, say, Watford or Burnley. Every Premier League match at the Amex sells out regardless of the opponents so why up the prices for the so-called big six when they come visiting?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I agree. I go to matches to watch the Albion play (and win!), the opposition is of secondary importance. We are after all in the same league and I find it insulting, and greedy, for clubs to increase prices because it’s Liverpool or Chelsea as opponents rather than, say, Watford or Burnley. Every Premier League match at the Amex sells out regardless of the opponents so why up the prices for the so-called big six when they come visiting?

Or do all the matches sell out because prices are cheaper for the lesser opponents?

We are after all in the same league and I find it insulting, and greedy, for clubs to increase prices because it’s Liverpool or Chelsea as opponents rather than, say, Watford or Burnley.
Those prices are the result of supply and demand, something capitalist economies are based upon. If England & Wales weren't part of such an economy then we wouldn't be playing in the best league in the World.

el punal

Or do all the matches sell out because prices are cheaper for the lesser opponents?

Yes. No. Maybe. I feel that the club are in an enviable position of demand far outstripping supply for tickets regardless of price. Having a waiting list of 8,000+/- for season tickets probably means that many fans can only watch “lesser teams” as opponents for the Albion or not watch at all. From a personal point of view I am glad that I have retained my two season tickets (one for the missus!) since we first moved from Withdean. There was many a moment during the Hyypia era that I thought why do I bother. Somehow I always knew that we would get to the Promised Land of the Premier League - just a question of when, not if.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
How far back qualifies for purchase history?I was a member of the original scheme, so would that still count?

Give the club a ring tomorrow morning (before the Palace tickets become phone bookable) and ask them to try and find you on the database. I think fan numbers are the same as pre-amex but I don't know for sure I am probably wrong

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Could you not have got tickets for Fulham ? I thought that went down to a pretty low level, and Chelsea went on general sale did it not ?

No Fulham didnt get to the season ticket holders level even. Liverpool and Man City away did though so he could have gone to both of those. I dont know about Chelsea, I think so.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No Fulham didnt get to the season ticket holders level even. Liverpool and Man City away did though so he could have gone to both of those. I dont know about Chelsea, I think so.

Really? I got one and it’s my first PL away game

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
I have a Walthamstow post code so bought 2. Went in the neutral zone last time and when Fulham scored 200 people jumped up, when we scored 2500 neutral fans jumped up. I'm happy to pay £50 to see us win away in front of 5,500 Albion fans.

Same. Of the last 3 away games at Fulham I've spent 2 in the neutral section. I've paid well over the odds for myself & the boy to go tomorrow but I'm very confident it'll be just as good as the previous few and well worth the cash!

I won't be laying on my death bed worrying about that £20...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here