Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Naff Songs that you Like but Might be a Little Embarassed about Admitting to

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
[yt]Y43XLVqjytQ[/yt]

I listen to this far too much.

Sorry.

With OMD it's easy to perceive their songs as naff simply because the band members themselves are the epitome of naff or "uncool", a reputation that they have earned through a combination of their general appearance and their stage mannerisms. Their earlier songs weren't that bad although their music certainly got naffer as time went on but I don't think this quite falls into that category.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I always quite liked this song by Las Ketchup. It might have helped that I quite fancied a couple of them at the time. As with Bananarama with these girl group trios it was often a case of YNY or YYN or even NYY but I'm too much of a gentleman to say which ones are which.

https://youtu.be/arZZw8NyPq8

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
With OMD it's easy to perceive their songs as naff simply because the band members themselves are the epitome of naff or "uncool", a reputation that they have earned through a combination of their general appearance and their stage mannerisms. Their earlier songs weren't that bad although their music certainly got naffer as time went on but I don't think this quite falls into that category.

Agreed. The Dad Dancing on this is so bad it’s almost unbearable to watch, but then if you concentrate on the drumming - particularly towards the end - you come round to thinking that, actually, OMD were pretty good.

https://youtu.be/v2DLG522Kws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agreed. The Dad Dancing on this is so bad it’s almost unbearable to watch, but then if you concentrate on the drumming - particularly towards the end - you come round to thinking that, actually, OMD were pretty good.

https://youtu.be/v2DLG522Kws

OMD were very good. I proudly own a stack of their records, bought from the very beginning. Which for me ended around the time of the excellent Maid of Orleans stuff. After that, like most performers, they run out of good material and produced dirge.

McCluskey couldn’t dance to save his life. Shirley even he knew that, but didn’t care.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I don't get embarrassed by any music. If i like it i don't care

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Reach for the Stars - Sclub7. You laugh, but get it on in the pub after a home win & a few beers have been had. Yeah, you know where I'm coming from right?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Reach for the Stars - Sclub7... you know where I'm coming from right?

Conkers deep in Rachel Stevens?

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I honestly have no shame in any of the 100,000 songs at my disposal at home.
Be proud of the music you like and give two fingers to music snobbery. There’s enough music to go around to please everybody’s tastes, so people should just get on with it.
Totally this. Those who know me, will know my liking for Pink Floyd in particular, but I love all types of music - back in September, for example, I even visited the Abba Museum in Stockholm, coincidentally at the same time that Nick Mason (Floyd's drummer, now with his own band) was in there. They (Nick's band) were opening their European tour in the city and I'd travelled over to see the show - and the band's hotel was a minutes walk from the museum, so that all helped!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Reach for the Stars - Sclub7. You laugh, but get it on in the pub after a home win & a few beers have been had. Yeah, you know where I'm coming from right?

I was reading through this thread waiting to see if someone mentioned this one. Yes, I know exactly where you're coming from. Love it :thumbsup:

[YT]50kP4S0peAs[/YT]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here