Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia Today

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I’ve not given up on Ali J, he’s hardly had a run and when he has played we have underperformed as a team.

I’m starting to feel like the guy who picks the runt from a litter of pups with my defence of Ali J and Locadia

Trouble is....the runts of the litter don't normally cost upwards of £30m quid.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well done son.

You were let down by everybody else at the club today, but at least you can hold your head high.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Calmest and most intelligent forward we have, does the simple tbings well, shields the ball and can fire in shots from tight angles as well as picking players in space. Travesty that he is just used as a sub most games imo.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Calmest and most intelligent forward we have, does the simple tbings well, shields the ball and can fire in shots from tight angles as well as picking players in space. Travesty that he is just used as a sub most games imo.

The only player who looked like pulling the rest of the squads conkers out of the fire.

(not for the first time this season)

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The only player who looked like pulling the rest of the squads conkers out of the fire.

Assuming Andone still isn’t fit no doubt he’ll be played as the lone striker next week and be expected to win headers and play in the Murray mould, just like at the Etihad earlier this season :smile:

Keep Murray back for the important games :thumbsup:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Agree he looked the best player on the pitch for us, strong as well. Probably doesn't track back and spend 80 mins in his own half to deserve a starting spot.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Agree he looked the best player on the pitch for us, strong as well. Probably doesn't track back and spend 80 mins in his own half to deserve a starting spot.

You may just have hit the nail on the head

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
A number 9 when we bought him, and we're seeing the best of him when (infrequently) deployed as a number 9. What a surprise to absolutely nobody at all. Playing players in their best positions, what an idea!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
A number 9 when we bought him, and we're seeing the best of him when (infrequently) deployed as a number 9. What a surprise to absolutely nobody at all. Playing players in their best positions, what an idea!

Think CH wants to try him at CB. Why start a striker in his best position

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
How did he play today? :lolol:

A lot of posters last year, especially after Arsenal game, said he was great, coming good at last etc. I reminded unimpressed by comparison (and copped some abuse from a couple of idiots)

Interested to know if there's anyone who still thinks Locadia will eventually cut the mustard? If so, why? What are the rest of us missing? How much longer are you prepared to wait? And isn't it cheating a bit to say yes he will......in the Championship!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
At this level, he is absolutely crap. Sorry, but he is. Goes missing, still too lazy back tracking, doesn't offer anything.

I'd keep him if we go down though, because he is the sort of Jordan Rhodes/Patrick Bamford / Tom Ince player who might well look good at that level but is MILES out of his depth here.

Oh for just one of Bournemouth's free flowing attacking options.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
At this level, he is absolutely crap. Sorry, but he is. Goes missing, still too lazy back tracking, doesn't offer anything.

I'd keep him if we go down though, because he is the sort of Jordan Rhodes/Patrick Bamford / Tom Ince player who might well look good at that level but is MILES out of his depth here.

Oh for just one of Bournemouth's free flowing attacking options.

Maybe give him the ball in space occasionally and play him in the middle and not on the wing with two or three players on him when he receives the ball. There were far worse established players out there today making absolutely no movement for the ball. I counted five or six occasions where he ran into space and was ignored. The only time he got the ball was when another player panicked and passed to him in a tight area on the wing with players around him. Even then he mostly managed to pass to an Albion player who then lost the ball

Thierry Henry playing on the wing would have looked shit in that Albion team today

If you’re looking for a forward who’s a great defender I agree he’s not your man, get Solly March back in the team for Tuesday.

Last edited:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
How did he play today? :lolol:

A lot of posters last year, especially after Arsenal game, said he was great, coming good at last etc. I reminded unimpressed by comparison (and copped some abuse from a couple of idiots)

Interested to know if there's anyone who still thinks Locadia will eventually cut the mustard? If so, why? What are the rest of us missing? How much longer are you prepared to wait? And isn't it cheating a bit to say yes he will......in the Championship!

I’m not sure today is the day for calling out individual performances.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’m not sure today is the day for calling out individual performances.

Did he shoot? Did he score? What did he contribute? I'd say today is exactly the day to be asking questions about individuals. We know collectively it wasn't good enough so time to delve into the detail like this for that's where the answers lie. Why not start with Locadia? Is the Jury still out or have we returned a verdict? Keep for Championship? Or put up for sale and/or loan him out for remainder of contract?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did he shoot? Did he score? What did he contribute? I'd say today is exactly the day to be asking questions about individuals. We know collectively it wasn't good enough so time to delve into the detail like this for that's where the answers lie. Why not start with Locadia? Is the Jury still out or have we returned a verdict? Keep for Championship? Or put up for sale and/or loan him out for remainder of contract?

Then do the same to the other 10 players all of whom deserve to be under the same microscope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here