Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Queuing system in place getting INTO Brighton station from 6am onwards on Saturday...

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Not on this occasion. OP has linked directly to the Southern notice, looks like the Argus just copy'n'pasted it.

It's definitely NOT a typo from Southern or the Argus - the train company have just clarified to me on Twitter that the queuing starts at 6am.
Sounds like the issue is trains arriving into Brighton very full of Pride goers (which will start happening if not at 6am then certainly soon after).
I guess they are going to hold back those travelling out of Brighton until the arriving hordes are clear of the platform and through the gates.
So expect to be held up and get to the station earlier than you need to is my advice.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Friend on Facebook 'You really do know you are back in Brghton when a 7ft Drag Queen runs helter up the platform for her train (in heels naturally) and hardly anybody blinks! '

Me: 'I would have thought that this would have caused a HUGE stir........ the fact that there was actually a TRAIN to run for..'

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Are you surprised. Preston Park looks like the set of 'A big fat gypsey wedding!

I still don't get it. Brighton is famed for its diversity. Why the need to promote or celebrate it on such a large scale . It should be two fingers to the establishment. We don't need a pride celebration. Look at us we're proud of our diversity every day.

You vote UKIP don't you?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Are you surprised. Preston Park looks like the set of 'A big fat gypsey wedding!

I still don't get it. Brighton is famed for its diversity. Why the need to promote or celebrate it on such a large scale . It should be two fingers to the establishment. We don't need a pride celebration. Look at us we're proud of our diversity every day.

They won't be saying that in your rag.

We need a Pride celebration because it's fun, lots of people enjoy it, and it brings a lot of trade to town.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Yeah. And it's proof, yet again, that the private car plays a very important role when it comes to inter-city transport as rail can't/won't cope with all the volume on its own. This message still has to penetrate a few very thick skulls, but their number are getting fewer.

Is there anyone who thought otherwise. Or have you just made that up?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
13921037_1136143736456915_1121413780424123858_n.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's definitely NOT a typo from Southern or the Argus - the train company have just clarified to me on Twitter that the queuing starts at 6am.
Sounds like the issue is trains arriving into Brighton very full of Pride goers (which will start happening if not at 6am then certainly soon after).
I guess they are going to hold back those travelling out of Brighton until the arriving hordes are clear of the platform and through the gates.
So expect to be held up and get to the station earlier than you need to is my advice.

Sorry, but unless they specified back to you which DAY queueing starts at 6am, than that doesn't clarify anything at all, they're just quoting back at you the ambiguous notice they put out originally. The crucial point is, bearing in mind that it's about people's return from Pride, are they talking about queueing starts from 6am Saturday or from 6am Sunday or from some other time that they've typo'ed into their original notice. Have to say, 6pm Saturday would be my bet. 6am Saturday makes no sense, and 6am Sunday seems far too early.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Sorry, but unless they specified back to you which DAY queueing starts at 6am, than that doesn't clarify anything at all, they're just quoting back at you the ambiguous notice they put out originally. The crucial point is, bearing in mind that it's about people's return from Pride, are they talking about queueing starts from 6am Saturday or from 6am Sunday or from some other time that they've typo'ed into their original notice. Have to say, 6pm Saturday would be my bet. 6am Saturday makes no sense, and 6am Sunday seems far too early.

Don't shoot the messenger.
[MENTION=26542]Southern[/MENTION]RailUK your website says queuing system going into Brighton station from 6am tomoro. Is this right or do you mean 6pm?

SouthernRailUK 1h1 hour ago
6am is correct. HF

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A queuing system from 6am tomorrow makes no sense.

Can only think maybe they want to clear the arriving hoards of feather-boa twirling Danny La Rou tributes away from all the station platforms and concourses before they let other people in.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Ironically you would think that Southern, knowing this was possibly the busiest day of the year, may actually make plans to accommodate the extra demand. it speaks volumes about their 'can't do' attitude that they would rather no-one travelled on their trains at all, lest they may actually be required to earn the £8.9bn the tax payer has paid them to run a service.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
A queuing system from 6am tomorrow makes no sense.

Can only think maybe they want to clear the arriving hoards of feather-boa twirling Danny La Rou tributes away from all the station platforms and concourses before they let other people in.

Agree. With Preston Park station being closed what other reason could there be for controlling passengers who want to LEAVE Brighton. It would shirley make sense to get us out asap :shrug:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ironically you would think that Southern, knowing this was possibly the busiest day of the year, may actually make plans to accommodate the extra demand. it speaks volumes about their 'can't do' attitude that they would rather no-one travelled on their trains at all, lest they may actually be required to earn the £8.9bn the tax payer has paid them to run a service.

SASTA have been allowed to lower the bar so much that they really don't care anymore. Absolutely shocking that they're being allowed to wreak havoc on the region's economy with no form of government intervention. Remember how much your local MP got involved, next time it comes to voting for them.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
SASTA have been allowed to lower the bar so much that they really don't care anymore. Absolutely shocking that they're being allowed to wreak havoc on the region's economy with no form of government intervention. Remember how much your local MP got involved, next time it comes to voting for them.

I believe they have been given permission to bury the bar in the Mariana Trench and no longer have to bother about it.

No need to worry about my MP, but there are other local MPs who could be doing more.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Remember how much your local MP got involved, next time it comes to voting for them.

But that's precisely why the government/SASTA will get away with it. No matter how dreadful the service gets and no matter that the government is complicit it in, the Conservatives know they can put a donkey in a blue rosette in most of the places in the south-east and he/she will get elected.

The only two who could be in trouble are Smith and Kirby (the latter has been spectacularly useless) but even that's remote. They're free to run a train service as badly as they want

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

My local MP has been working hard to put pressure on the numpties causing this farce, all power to his elbow as he is a very good MP. Shame he won't be standing in this constituency as the the sitting MP at the next general election. Another reason to hate all that Corbyn stands for.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Oh there used to be quite a few as you well know. Chief among them was Ian Davey, who used to maintain that car use was declining!
Not in my universe. A fabrication, I fancy.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
My local MP has been working hard to put pressure on the numpties causing this farce, all power to his elbow as he is a very good MP. Shame he won't be standing in this constituency as the the sitting MP at the next general election. Another reason to hate all that Corbyn stands for.

Peter VILE is useless, all SOUNDBITE and no ACTION. I can't wait to DESELECT him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here