Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ruled out but it needs to be ruled into law to counter No Deal as that is in law.

Which would probably happen, following an overwhelming defeat in tonight’s vote.

Therefore, the question is still valid. If both are voted no on, surely the only option left is to rescind Article 50.

Also, even if there is a YES vote to an extension, EU would be completely justified in telling us to **** off. With no extension, and no appetite for No Deal, there would literally be no choice but to rescind Article 50.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
We were preparing for Europe in the late 60s with the planning for decimalisation, which came in in 1971, two years before we actually joined.

We applied in both 1961 and 1967 and both were vetoed. Negotiations only started in ernest in 1969 so I stand by my post.

Oh, and what exactly has decimalisation got to do with joining the common market? It was a process that had been considered as far back as 1820. It is just a more sensible currency system that is adopted by most of the world, the vast majority of whom are not looking to join the EU!!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Was a reluctant leaver but would vote remain if there was another vote. The total omnishambles over the last couple of years has made me ashamed. Our politicians are an embarrassment and seem totally out of their depth. We have become a laughing stock with a lunatic hard right cabal dictating our future and an utterly useless opposition flailing in their wake.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Blaming the existing set of politicians is missing the point.
Her predecessors decided to have a vote that has cut the country in two.
In trying to make resolve that, Teresa May has always been in an impossible position.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
More than happy to listen to a well thought out, balanced point of view from either side. J O'B however is a total :wanker:

2 total numpties here, but I know who comes across as more eloquent and listening.

JRM got completely owned, loved the bit about the Ozzie hormone beef. He has no ideal........

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Barclay on the radio says he prefers No Dealto No Brexit, so he's happy to tank the economy. Disgusting.

Edit: Oh no, sorry, he doesn't ****ing know what will happen

“This is a modest liberalisation, it is a temporary measure, this is for a short term while we engage with business and see what the real-term consequences are,” he said.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I would vote Remain AGAIN.

I am the biggest '' Corbanista '' On this Board - Apart from [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] probably

But even me myself I doubted if he was what the Labour party wanted and every time he was challenged I so wanted him to win again and he did and I was happy.

If the Conservative Party was behind Teresa May then her Party would have would have got hold of her and said to her '' Get this and I will support you '' They are leaving her to hang herself . Brexit is something that no one could achieve unscaved.

Theresa May went into this thinking she could be the ''UK Saviour'' Instead she has become a ''UK Laughing Stock'' - I never call for a Politician to resign because they have a misdemeanor with expenses or a prostitute or of that ilk because their private business is their business and their business alone ; however in this instance for me anyway. It has become clear. It is not the deal on offer that has been rejected. It is Theresa May herself. She has to now resign before we become the laughing stock of Europe.

BUT

please God NO - Don't replace her with Boris Johnson.

We need someone to go into Negotiations with someone who doesn't think we rule Europe but that we are bang smack in the middle of Europe, even though we do want to leave it.

I am so Pro Europe - but it is possible to leave the EU but still recognise that we both need each other.

I personally believe corbyn is rubbing his hands every time there is a vote. His main aim is power...he wants a general election...he calls for one every time the government has a problem( which is pretty constant now)

If he went to the country for a GE I am not convinced he would get in.

Of course if she calls a ge! She would step down anyway as she said she would, therefore I expect the leader to be Hunt or some other chinless Tory wonder.

I would vote remain as I have seen what this uncertainty has done to my company who have lost people in their droves and customers move to European data centres out of the UK. Trouble is the horse has bolted and they are not coming back.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Blaming the existing set of politicians is missing the point.
Her predecessors decided to have a vote that has cut the country in two.
In trying to make resolve that, Teresa May has always been in an impossible position.

She wasn't forced to stand for leadership, and her husband has done rather well with his businesses whilst she has been the leader.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I personally believe corbyn is rubbing his hands every time there is a vote. His main aim is power...he wants a general election...he calls for one every time the government has a problem( which is pretty constant now)

If he went to the country for a GE I am not convinced he would get in.

Of course if she calls a ge! She would step down anyway as she said she would, therefore I expect the leader to be Hunt or some other chinless Tory wonder.

I would vote remain as I have seen what this uncertainty has done to my company who have lost people in their droves and customers move to European data centres out of the UK. Trouble is the horse has bolted and they are not coming back.

I think you're right, but Johnson is waiting, keeping out of the headlines, getting a haircut, just ready to pounce, the minute she steps away.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Many remainers on here claim the Russians used mis-information to influence the result of the referendum and that leavers fell for it.
They did. And admitted it.

But "fell for it" is harsh. It implies a failing, which is not true. Human minds generally act in predictable ways, so there is no failure here.

A civilian population was subjected to military grade psychological warfare attacks. Which worked, and guided us towards the Kremlin's goal outcome.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Which would probably happen, following an overwhelming defeat in tonight’s vote.

Therefore, the question is still valid. If both are voted no on, surely the only option left is to rescind Article 50.

Also, even if there is a YES vote to an extension, EU would be completely justified in telling us to **** off. With no extension, and no appetite for No Deal, there would literally be no choice but to rescind Article 50.

I think that is the case. Wouldn't happen though, so Thursday would be a vote to extend.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Odd, most views are that OB came across as a spoilt little teenager with chips on both shoulders, not listening and huffing and puffing. Nice technique. A bit 'Kevin & Perry'.

You are obviously one of those easily conned by JRM's posh voice and extensive offshore investment portfolio. He's doing better out of Brexit than Swindon, eh?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Odd, most views are that OB came across as a spoilt little teenager with chips on both shoulders, not listening and huffing and puffing. Nice technique. A bit 'Kevin & Perry'.

Did you actually listen to the clip? You seem to doff your cap to someone with a plum in their voice and take as read everything they say. It's clear he doesn't give a stuff about UK manufacturing or farming as any decline in that will be made up in opportunities in other industries, namely finance in which he has made substantial amounts. Very much a case of I'm alright jack.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
And to think [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION] once criticised me for saying Country in Crisis and Britain on the Brink. I can think of no other way to describe a nation with a leader who has no power and no authority whatsoever.

You weren't commenting on any future scenario it wasn't a forecast, you have just scrolled back over your timeline found some of your previous posts and somehow think they suddenly become valid as they fit in your mind what is happening today, you really are a numpty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here