Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To avoid bed wetting - the staying up tracker - 2018-19 Game 36 update - 5 below

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I've been saying this for ages! People on here and Twatter foaming about the manager, formations, the players and everything else, without really taking a step back and realising that we are – let's face it – pretty much where we should be. Regardless of whether or not you believe in all that 'second-season syndrome' stuff, it was NEVER going to be easy and it's no surprise to me that we are fighting with the rest of them...

The staying up tracker made it pretty clear that from Nov to Feb, 4 months in the middle of the season, we would play 17 games and only need to win 2...we won 3 of those. It also shows our remaining 10 fixtures has 4 games we need to win, although we are +4 so can afford a slight slip up

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So here we go again.

So here it is for the coming season:

- First seven games yield just five points, NSC goes into meltdown.
- 15 games in a massive drubbing of Palace sees us looking up the table not down.
- we then go 9 games without a win and edge towards the relegation zone by the end of January.
- a MASSIVE March sees us take 10 points from 4 games to edge towards safety
- 7 points in the last 6 games edges us over the line.

All sounds very familiar doesn't it.

As pointed out a few times but hey why not again.
Here's [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] 's prescient and wonderful summary of the season ! As written on July 16th.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
My only concern is that we are very unlikely to pick up any bonus points so are very reliant on winning those home matches!

Palace in good form
Wolves potentially the 'best of the rest'
Away to the top 6 is a right off for us
Man City

Stop fretting. 2 wins and 2 draws from our remaining 10 games would put us on 38. That would realistically mean Cardiff needing 14 points from their last 9 games, effectively 4 wins and 2 draws. They've still got Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool and Man Utd.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
A Mirror supercomputer type exercise has us finishing 15th on 40 points - again.

Capture.PNG

I've left Man City off the screen grab to cheer up any Liverpool sympathisers.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
A Mirror supercomputer type exercise has us finishing 15th on 40 points - again.

View attachment 105266

I've left Man City off the screen grab to cheer up any Liverpool sympathisers.

That table's pinched directly from here: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/premier-league/ (N.B. they got their predictions for the 2016 US election notoriously wrong, but I can't see the bottom 3 being anything other than Cardiff, Fulham and Hudds, given the fixtures remaining)

They also predict upcoming matches - us v Palace is currently 54% Palace win, 26% draw, 20% us. Booooo!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Apparently so........probably be good to get a few more points just in case though eh ?

I’m ignoring all the predictions because the top two final points prediction looks optimistic in the extreme, are all these super computers Liverpool fans?

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
And we still have 5 home games left - of those Southampton, Cardiff, Newcastle and Bournemouth are all winnable :)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Cardiff will be hard, Stains may beat us . . .but I think we'll beat the Spuds in their first game at the new,shiny spudfield. 40 points after 36 games is all that matters. I don't care how.

And we still have 5 home games left - of those Southampton, Cardiff, Newcastle and Bournemouth are all winnable :)

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Where's the graph? :tantrum:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Does anyone care about the tracker tonight? Frankly I am still completely on a high after today. Totally brilliant. The first double over Palace that I have witnessed live. Loved every minute of today.

But for the record it puts us 6 over the tracker now and I suspect in the cold light of tomorrow I may recognise that that was a big three points in the staying up context.

But for now, take that Palace. Just take that.

Attachments

• Fixtures 29a.png
    Fixtures 29a.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 994
  • Graph 29a.png
    Graph 29a.png
    110.2 KB · Views: 992

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
And Palace are just one over which highlights how tricky their run in is.

Attachments

• Palace Game 29.png
    Palace Game 29.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 979
  • Palace Graph Game29.png
    Palace Graph Game29.png
    108.2 KB · Views: 976

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here