Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who is the WORST football pundit out there currently?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
All fair points but I won't be swayed on my opinion that a women footballers opinions have no validity when it comes to the men's game. I bet Sky don't particularly want female pundits but they probably feel they have to in order to avoid the predictable accusations of 'sexism.'

Or more likely their viewers and subscribers who they will have surveyed/researched, and include plenty of women, prefer it.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Spot on - my first thought re "annoying pundit" is rugby's Austin Healey. Always questioning the refereeing decisions when 99% of the time they're right and he's wrong.

Football-wise Clinton Morrison is awful, but Michael Owen, Danny Mills are also annoying as is Steve McManaman who is condescending to anyone outside of the top 6. I agree Sutton is a cock but although Merson is poor I enjoy watching the superior brains of Jeff Stelling and Matt Le Tissier rip the piss out of him.

Owen and McManaman were exceptional players, but are boring pundits. Danny Mills is an arrogant misery, he speaks as if his view is THE ONLY view that counts, with a charmless dour accent.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
It’s not like she’s evidently intelligent, had a lifetime of coaching from top-qualified (often male) coaches, studies the game, played age-group level internationally before getting 140 full caps for England, played in the US, played for GB at the Olympics, and set up the first UK academy for female players.........nope, no validity at all........[emoji23][emoji23]

No none, she's played the game at a very low level. I'm interested in what Neville, Carragher, Souness et all have to say not her. Let her offer her opinions on birds football not blokes.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No none, she's played the game at a very low level. I'm interested in what Neville, Carragher, Souness et all have to say not her. Let her offer her opinions on birds football not blokes.

Presumably the same applies for you to Souness, Carragher et al providing opinions on women’s football.......?

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Presumably the same applies for you to Souness, Carragher et al providing opinions on women’s football.......?

I've never heard them do so. Not as if they gonna be in the studio for Doncaster Belles v Arsenal. They are probably the same as 99.99% of blokes in that they have no interest in women's football. C'mon who amongst the NSC fraternity had a 'did you watch the she believes England game at the weekend' ? No doubt the 'Large One' and his trendy liberal mates did but for us who live in the real world........

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Or more likely their viewers and subscribers who they will have surveyed/researched, and include plenty of women, prefer it.

I've yet to know one bloke who thinks women should be pundits for the men's game. It's ridiculous you have Neville, Carragher, Souness who have won Champions leagues / league titles sat alongside a woman who whilst she has won trophies (i guess so cant be bothered to google it) for playing park football in front of tiny crowds. Good luck to women footballers it's a positive thing to be doing what they do but don't try and elevate the women's game to the same status as the men's. No matter how much the BBC try and hype it up it's still a low interest low quality minority sport. No doubt if the women progress in the world cup this year they will claim they've gripped the nation when in reality it will attract little interest.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Robbie Savage ... just says any bollocks that enters his mind ... not that there is much of one. Tedious, ignorant and way out of his depth. Even makes Merson sound informed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
It doesn’t..........it’s a simple dismissal of Alex Scott being able to offer anything of value to punditry on a football match, not a hatred.......you are Mr Cholmondley-Warner [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

A valid dismissal it is. Why have a park footballer offering her opinions?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A valid dismissal it is. Why have a park footballer offering her opinions?

She’s not a park footballer
She’s better than a lot of the blokes (read this thread for examples)
She adds a different perspective as part of a pundit team

Do you apply your logic to other sports ?

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
She’s not a park footballer
She’s better than a lot of the blokes (read this thread for examples)
She adds a different perspective as part of a pundit team

Do you apply your logic to other sports ?

Opinions, everyone entitled to them. To be fair she is extremely attractive she would be welcome to come and knock me up some dinner whilst i watch the football.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Sutton
Unlistenable

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I've yet to know one bloke who thinks women should be pundits for the men's game. It's ridiculous you have Neville, Carragher, Souness who have won Champions leagues / league titles sat alongside a woman who whilst she has won trophies (i guess so cant be bothered to google it) for playing park football in front of tiny crowds. Good luck to women footballers it's a positive thing to be doing what they do but don't try and elevate the women's game to the same status as the men's. No matter how much the BBC try and hype it up it's still a low interest low quality minority sport. No doubt if the women progress in the world cup this year they will claim they've gripped the nation when in reality it will attract little interest.

She has won the womens champions league not sure you ******* off to her attractiveness is a plus...

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Agree with Sutton, knobhead who just comes out with ridiculous hyperbole to get people talking/get 'The Lad Bible' and other such abominations to make headlines out of his nonsensical shite.

Jamie Redknapp is also pretty awful.

On another note, obviously somewhat biased but I thought Liam Rosenior was a breath of fresh air when he did one of our games recently, think it was West Brom? He actually spoke eloquently as someone who has studied the game and how it works, rather than just someone who has played it.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
She has won the womens champions league not sure you ******* off to her attractiveness is a plus...

Who cares if she has? Let her be a pundit on the women's champions league games then, leave Souness and Carragher who have won the mens champions league to talk about it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Smith ..that geezer who used to play for Arsenal
..followed by and not necessarily in that order...
Wright
Merson
Keown
....hmm that lot have something in common as well as bring crap pundits..and one things for sure most pundits know a lot less than they think they do.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here