Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Scandy in Brighton

Scandinavianseagulls25

Nov 27, 2003
So - after picking Brighton in Championship Manager 97/98 and following the team via the internet, radio and last 4-5 years via TV - I´m finally in Brighton to see my first game. A bit ashamed that is has taken me 20 years though!

Where do you go before the game to "warm up"? Preferably with some decent breakfast menu.

Will be taking the Southern Railroad from Brighton Train Station to Falmer a couple of hours before the game today. Is it the train ride for free with a match ticket?

Have been here since Thursday and I love it! Good restaurants, nice streets and the beach promenade is pretty nice! I´m starting to understand why this is a summer destination :)

Will be traveling to London for work tomorrow and coming back next Thursday as well to watch the game against Burnley on Saturday.

Last edited:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Where do you go before the game to "warm up"? Preferably with some decent breakfast menu.

Will be taking the Southern Railroad from Brighton Train Station to Falmer a couple of hours before the game. Is it the train for free with a match ticket?

For breakfast try Billie's Cafe: http://www.billiescafe.co.uk/

Yes travel is included in your ticket. Train or bus.

Hope you have a good experience!

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Welcome. Glad you like our fair city.
I will leave it to others to recommend somewhere for breakfast.
In answer to your other question, yes travel to Falmer is free with your match ticket. You will see signs directing you to the correct platform when you get to Brighton station.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
If you fancy a pre match drink there are plenty of nice places in North Laine area which is just down the hill from the station. Avoid the pubs closest to the station. There are also lots of nice cafe's and places to eat in North Laine. There arent so many options at the stadium. Give yourself plenty of time to get to the game on the train.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Try the Battle of Trafalgar pub up the hill from the station before taking the train. There’ll be lots of home support in there. Or the Prince Albert which is on the road that runs underneath the front of the station.

Avoid the pubs immediately outside the front of the station.

Hang around for a pint after the game has finished as the queue for the train straight after the game will be long.

Billie’s great for breakfast. Or off the beaten track, the best breakfast is Joe’s Cafe in Upper Hamilton Road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scandinavianseagulls25

Nov 27, 2003
Hi.

Thanks for all your inputs. Will head out now to North Laine and check it out. Was there yesterday and I liked it!
Knockys Nose: Sweden. West Stand Lower

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
You've got good seats - and at this time of year Brighton must seem warm to you! No going to the game in a t-shirt to show us all up...

Anyway.. njut av spelet (i think)

:albion:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Try the Battle of Trafalgar pub up the hill from the station before taking the train. There’ll be lots of home support in there. Or the Prince Albert which is on the road that runs underneath the front of the station.

Some good advice there for [MENTION=1495]Scandinavianseagulls25[/MENTION]. A 100 metre walk down Trafalgar Street from the station to the Prince Albert is a touristic must-do for the giant mural of dead rock stars and the Kissing Policemen Banksy. There's some great beers to be had there and some funky decor. Great place!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So - after picking Brighton in Championship Manager 97/98 and following the team via the internet, radio and last 4-5 years via TV - I´m finally in Brighton to see my first game. A bit ashamed that is has taken me 20 years though!

Will be taking the Southern Railroad from Brighton Train Station to Falmer a couple of hours before the game today. Is it the train ride for free with a match ticket?

Have been here since Thursday and I love it! Good restaurants, nice streets and the beach promenade is pretty nice! I´m starting to understand why this is a summer destination :)

Will be traveling to London for work tomorrow and coming back next Thursday as well to watch the game against Burnley on Saturday.

Love Sweden, love the Swedes. Welcome aboard.

Enjoy the game. A Victor Gyokeres winner, would be nice :thumbsup:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Avoid the pubs immediately outside the front of the station.

Hang around for a pint after the game has finished as the queue for the train straight after the game will be long.

Billie’s great for breakfast. Or off the beaten track, the best breakfast is Joe’s Cafe in Upper Hamilton Road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe's, eh? Is your username a clue to your location?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Hi.

Thanks for all your inputs. Will head out now to North Laine and check it out. Was there yesterday and I liked it!

Valkommen!

I am in Sweden frequently and love the place. Great people and a very beautiful country. Enjoy your visit!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hi.

Apologies if this is blindingly obvious, but as others have said after the game stay of a beer or two and use that opportunity to wander into other stands.
Come out of the WSL go past the away fans then duck into the East before settling in the North.

There's plenty of good artwork, memorabilia and knowledge to take in, on your way round.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Moksha in York place for breakfast (opposite St Peters church) then Laine or Basketmakers which are around the corner. Or go up Trafalgar street to the Nelson. Closer to station is The evening Star

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Apologies if this is blindingly obvious, but as others have said after the game stay of a beer or two and use that opportunity to wander into other stands.
Come out of the WSL go past the away fans then duck into the East before settling in the North.

There's plenty of good artwork, memorabilia and knowledge to take in, on your way round.

Scratch that the club have changed the East stand concourse and it's not really worth the visit.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

welcome aboard scandy ......i am hoping you are 5 10 blonde 24 , female with massive tits and no filter , sat right behind me please ......more likely you are a 6 9 150 kg bald bloke with a twitch .....and you'll be sat right in front of me .....xxx have a blinder mate .....:thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here