Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Springsteen Cancels North Carolina Show

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
surely they have lockable doors?

No, if it's a gender specific changing room, which tends to be the case in older pools or places where there's a gym and pool, then it's open plan. For the pools that do have cubicles, it tends to just be one big mixed sex changing and locker area.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
How is that any worse than HT's comment? Maldini isn't wishing death on anyone, he is just implying HT is a tedious bore, which is exactly what HT implied.
I would prefer to hear that from him/her as the post was not clear

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
No, if it's a gender specific changing room, which tends to be the case in older pools or places where there's a gym and pool, then it's open plan. For the pools that do have cubicles, it tends to just be one big mixed sex changing and locker area.

its been years since I used a pool (most of my swimming was done in the sea or a clean river) and when I did use a pool there were always lockable cubicles ...............................but that also was years ago when nobody even knew what transgender ect was.
my daughter still uses the only pool avaiable now I will ask her how she gets on

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
yes .........lockable cubicles, wifey just put me right,open plan would facilitate you keeping an eye on your children, also would you be even looking at others...............Hmmm good question that and you would also only know if the other person (should you happen to be looking) was a transvestite as transgender I doubt very much whether you would even know

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Probably true. We're witnessing the hijacking of a word to mean any old bullshit now.

and therein lies the problem with your arguments and the way you present them. to you who, i assume, has lived a life untouched by gender insecurity or confusion it's just 'any old bullshit'. to those who are affected by it, it's not bullshit, it's the most important thing in their lives - an issue which has led to discrimination, threats of or even actual violence towards them and, in way too many cases, suicide. but of course you will, as you already have in this thread, just dismiss it as mental illness. is homosexuality a mental illness too? but the question i'd really like an answer to from people like you is why on earth do you care so much about how people want to live their lives?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
and therein lies the problem with your arguments and the way you present them. to you who, i assume, has lived a life untouched by gender insecurity or confusion it's just 'any old bullshit'. to those who are affected by it, it's not bullshit, it's the most important thing in their lives - an issue which has led to discrimination, threats of or even actual violence towards them and, in way too many cases, suicide. but of course you will, as you already have in this thread, just dismiss it as mental illness. is homosexuality a mental illness too? but the question i'd really like an answer to from people like you is why on earth do you care so much about how people want to live their lives?

Good post, and a very good question at the end. I will be interested to hear [MENTION=4800]Tyrone Biggums[/MENTION] answer.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Result for LBGT in North Carolina. No Bruce.

You know what. Im not really a fan of his music BUT I took the punt and saw him live at the Olympic Park a couple of years ago. Have to say he was ****ing amazing frankly. I would recommend anyone to see a Bruce gig. Definitely value for money and sooo much better live.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I wonder how many people can honestly say that they would be comfortable with their wives or daughters getting changed at the swimming pool in front of a transgender man sharing the same changing rooms?
Do you honestly think that the first thing that transgender people think when in a changing room is who they can perv on whilst getting changed? Not perhaps that they just want to get changed for the swimming pool/gym/whatever it is they are there to get changed for?

By the same thought process, you must be terrified for anyone that has a husband or son in case a gay man has the audacity to get changed in the same male changing room.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good on Bruce, well done !

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Great post, I don't pretend to understand what people go through. However denying or dismissing their struggle without knowledge demonstrates incredible ignorance.

Last edited:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

Its their personal issue, not societies, certainly not a Governments most of all. Only a true nanny stater would be calling for the Government to appease all these micro issues that are forced onto it because someones feelings are hurt because they don't fit in.

So tell me, an otherkin identifies as a dog, does that mean we neeed to appease their need to piss and crap in public parks so as to ensure they feel validated and don't top themselves? Does government policies and laws need to be changed to recognise their percieved existence?

Its a very simple thing to follow that if you are equiped with male genitalia you use the male toilets and vice versa for women. That's it, no discussion needed, no changing of goal posts to suit the thoughts and feelings of a tiny minority people who don't agree with that.

Homosexuality is a sexual preference.

In answer to your question, I believe the role of Government is to govern, not be pissing around with social engineering. Certainly not be wasting time and resources dealing with crap like a guy thinks he's a woman so he thinks he should be able to use female utilities. How can anyone govern effectively having to deal with such non issues being pushed as important issues an elected government needs to deal with.

I'm all for people living their own lives, but its up to them to live it, not have governments be involved in it.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Great post, I don't pretend to understand what people go through. However denying or dismissing their struggle without knowledge demonstrates incredible ignorance.

So then paedophiles deserve the same compassion, governmental recognition and protection because of their internal struggles?

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Its their personal issue, not societies, certainly not a Governments most of all. Only a true nanny stater would be calling for the Government to appease all these micro issues that are forced onto it because someones feelings are hurt because they don't fit in.

your argument is very confused - you seem to be upset that a 'government' is being called upon to appease a specific group and that the government shouldn't waste it's time on such matters. the situation under discussion here is the complete opposite - the north carolina legislature has taken it upon itself to create a law which affects how people live their lives. your comments on this thread make it sound like you actually agree with the law... but apparently you're all for letting people live their lives without government interference. so which is it?

So tell me, an otherkin identifies as a dog, does that mean we neeed to appease their need to piss and crap in public parks so as to ensure they feel validated and don't top themselves? Does government policies and laws need to be changed to recognise their percieved existence?

this is not even worth discussing with you as the very fact that you liken gender dysphoria to someone believing they are a dog means that our opinions on the subject are so far apart as to be irreconcilable. you sound like the anti-gay bigots who compare homosexual acts to paedophillia or bestiality.

as in a choice? even if that were true, shouldn't part of the role of government be to protect a member of society's right to make such choices especially when them making that choice has no effect on any other member of society except for offending their sensibilities?

In answer to your question, I believe the role of Government is to govern, not be pissing around with social engineering. Certainly not be wasting time and resources dealing with crap like a guy thinks he's a woman so he thinks he should be able to use female utilities. How can anyone govern effectively having to deal with such non issues being pushed as important issues an elected government needs to deal with.

I'm all for people living their own lives, but its up to them to live it, not have governments be involved in it.

again, this point of view seems to contradict the beliefs you have expressed elsewhere in this thread. you make it sound like you'd be OK with anyone who doesn't feel included in society solving the problem by 'topping themselves'. say what you want about the role of government but surely part of that role should not be creating such a society but, in fact, the complete opposite.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
oh, so you don't just sound like the anti-gay bigots who compare homosexual acts to paedophillia or bestiality, you actually are one. fair enough, carry on.

We are talking about LGBT people. You seem intent on widening the argument by lumping them in with other groups of people. This suggests that you are making the point that they are the same or similar to those other groups. I disagree with the premise of your argument and would rather stay on topic.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Its a very simple thing to follow that if you are equiped with male genitalia you use the male toilets and vice versa for women. That's it, no discussion needed, no changing of goal posts to suit the thoughts and feelings of a tiny minority people who don't agree with that.

The crux of your argument seems to be that the government should not be getting involved in this discussion. That transexual people should be left in peace to go about their business as they see fit (including choosing which bog to use). Have i got that right?

If this is correct then you agree with many on this thread and Bruce Springsteen.

Live and let live right?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here