Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs West Ham United *** Official Match Thread ***

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I just don’t think about it, as there’s nothing we can do as fans to alter its introduction and it’s here to stay ad infinitum.

They just need to greatly speed up the decision making, the delay was ridiculous.

Wasn't it just? Everyone back to the centre circle ready for the kick off, TV had 1-0 Brighton, and 1 min added time for a 2 min delay, it just does not work. I'm supposed to be at a bbq right now, I'm not a good lad :lol:

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
There are assumptions been made here - there is no way of knowing how much of this improvement is Potter and how much is the groundwork laid by Hughton. Brighton purchased three players this off-season for more money that the previous transfer record - and brought in a loanee that would probably have cost another £20million if on a permanent transfer. On top of that Dunk, Duffy and Burn have all improved in the off-season. And finally - Brighton have not suffered any injuries yet.

It takes several years to build a PL squad - Potter come in with significant foundations laid and then spent a lot of more money than Hughton was able to spend bringing in four players that are / appear to be PL standard.

So far it appears to have worked well - and Potter deserves credit for that - but Brighton really should have thumped West Ham today in the same way they hammered Watford. You do have to take your chances in the PL when they present themselves. Saying that - it looks like Watford, West Ham, Southampton and Newcastle have gone backwards this season. This is not really a surprise - Newcastle spend about £60million (£40million on a striker who looked very light-weight today), Watford spent about £30million, Southampton spent £50million (but £20m of that was for a player they had on loan last season) and West Ham spend about £60million - but the striker they paid £36million for didn't play today - and money counts in the PL. It will be interesting to see how things pan out for the rest of the season.
It was pretty much a Hughton team that was sent out against Watford. If you think with him at the helm we would have won that 3-0 then you are deluded

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Great performance today on the pitch, and very pleased with the upgraded Wi-Fi within the stadium. I managed 17meg download, impressive.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thought we looked far better attacking for a long while, we had our chances to win that but pleased with a point

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Offside is the main issue. I think it has to be clear and obvious, if it's marginal go with the official's decision. The old rule used to be to give the benefit to the attacker. That's how it should be.

Agree. Also there has to be a margin of error. Some of the offsides are so close. Are the cameras exactly in line? Do they know exactly when the ball is kicked.
Maybe they should just call it when there is daylight

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Get set to be infuriated by the MOTD highlights. Because West Ham had 3 shots in target and we only had 4, it’ll almost certainly make them look better than they were.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] @any moderator really ... I swear I have done detailed searches but I cannot find my Dan Burn Fan Club thread... please help.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Trossard is a lovely player.

He already looks a far more natural footballer at this level than both Locadia or Ali J. And I say that as someone who quite likes Locadia.

Agreed wholeheartedly with you. I think we have a little gem on our hands.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Trossard is a lovely player.

He already looks a far more natural footballer at this level than both Locadia or Ali J. And I say that as someone who quite likes Locadia.

He’s an intelligent player, if the first strike’s not on he doesn’t waste the ball, he finds space, he plays facing the goal, with pace and trickery.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
On the rattler:
Hammer fan: I'm on the wrong train
Passenger : You're OK, I'm West Ham. I live down here.
Hammer fan: Oh OK, but aren't you worried about your ringpiece?
Hammer fan: You sold Knockaert. He was your best player and scored all of your goals. He must have wanted out or you'd never have let him go.

Just say NO kids.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Thought the whole team played well. Not one really bad performance stood out no real weak link. DDB at the back were solid as a 3. Stephens had a good game and bossed Wiltshire in the first half. We played the ball nicely and entertaining to watch. Can see that we can only get better. Not knocking Chris, but totally incomparable to Bmuff, Soton, Cardiff and Newcastle last season.

Not sure I've been to an Albion game without a Murray offside though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here