hoping for a Hearts win today

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I have an interest in the Scottish League outside the Scottish Premiership. That might change if they become more than a one-team league and get rid of the farcical end of season 'split'.

I really don't know why they don't go back to just 2 divisions

that way half the teams would have the old firm,Edinburgh sides & Aberdeen to play,more revenue surely

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

that way half the teams would have the old firm,Edinburgh sides & Aberdeen to play,more revenue surely

Yes, I agree. Way, way back I was in Dunfermline on non-football business (we were buying Nazareth's old PA speakers) on a Saturday when Rangers were in town - this was in the days when there were only two divisions, so a visit from the big two came only once a season. The atmosphere throughout the whole town was absolutely electric; like nothing I've ever experienced before.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Yes, I agree. Way, way back I was in Dunfermline on non-football business (we were buying Nazareth's old PA speakers) on a Saturday when Rangers were in town - this was in the days when there were only two divisions, so a visit from the big two came only once a season. The atmosphere throughout the whole town was absolutely electric; like nothing I've ever experienced before.

I vaguely remember Stranraer getting drawn to play Rangers at Ibrox in the cup some years ago

the tie basically funded their whole season

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Worth having Scottish football if only for Killie's marvellous floodlights.

Panorama_RugbyPark.jpg

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Would that not make it even more 1 sided?

Least if they play Rangers/Aberdeen more than twice there is a slight chance of them dropping points.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
always had a soft spot for Kilmarnock

simply because they won the Scottish league the year I was born

I did some work for someone from Kilmarnock recently, she told me they were her team but also had a soft spot for Albion because they also play in blue and white stripes.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I did some work for someone from Kilmarnock recently, she told me they were her team but also had a soft spot for Albion because they also play in blue and white stripes.

I do own a Kilmarnock shirt

they are very similiar

apart from the seagulls & red squirrels obviously :lol:

theboybilly

Unless I've got it completely wrong the way the Premiership is set up now could influence the title/relegation places more than it should. For example (taking this seasons title as a possible future scenario) Celtic and Rangers are neck and neck but, after 33 matches and all teams having played each other 3 times, Celtic have hosted Rangers twice but only visited Ibrox once. Celtic have also hosted the bottom 3 sides twice each, and they are really poor sides and cut adrift from the rest. Whereas Rangers have only hosted these sides once each. Rangers have played the majority of homes against better sides and easier sides have been played away. The complete opposite for Celtic. Now we go to the split - the five final games amongst the top six sides. Celtic play 3 at home & 2 away, Rangers 2 at home & 3 away. How is this fair?
I would imagine the relegation-threatened teams go through much the same issues.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here