Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Friday FUN Poll - new manager

Who would you pick as the next Albion manager

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Rafa again. RAFA! Do you think he's at Newcastle for fun? His job NEEDS to be in the North as his family has been settled there since his Liverpool days. It's widely known.

How did they cope when he was at Naples and Madrid? Not going to happen but I don’t think the family NEEDS him as much as you are suggesting

A quick look on Google shows his kids as being 17 and 20, they’ll probably cope OK

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I don't want Phil Neville although I think it could be heading that way given Ashworth's previous dalliances with him at England level.
Although having said that Neville has been good with the kids for England.
Apart from all that's been said on here I know nothing about Potter but after reading about him he sounds interesting
But neither of those have managed in the Premier League so we'd be taking a bit of a risk
One who has managed there is Rafa and if he were to bring Rondon and Shelvey with him I wouldn't be averse (though I'd have to stop yelling "fat Spanish waiter" at him) - but Rafa's wages would probably be prohibitive and, if he won't move down from the North as has been stated up above, that is a non starter too.
Just wish Tony would hurry up and get it done and then the new man has plenty of chances get acclimatised for the rest of the close season.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
André Villas-Boas ???

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Any more info on why people would want Rafa? IMO which really matters to me, He's a poor me type manager who said at Newcastle many times if I'd been given the same budget as Man Utd we'd be able to compete (his words not mine).

So he's basically saying sorry we're not going to do very well on a 100 million player budget I want 200 million to start, he's correct of course, but that's how it is.

What we want is a manager who Can make us a better team with the budget provided not a defeatist mentality manager who overpraises the opposition mainly because he lacks confidence in his own squads ability to compete against them.

I'm not even sure I'd want him here with a massive budget that we won't have, if we had a choice of any manager we wanted I would drive smug Eddie here myself, say what you like about him but he ticks all my boxes.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Any more info on why people would want Rafa? IMO which really matters to me, He's a poor me type manager who said at Newcastle many times if I'd been given the same budget as Man Utd we'd be able to compete (his words not mine).

So he's basically saying sorry we're not going to do very well on a 100 million player budget I want 200 million to start, he's correct of course, but that's how it is.

What we want is a manager who Can make us a better team with the budget provided not a defeatist mentality manager who overpraises the opposition mainly because he lacks confidence in his own squads ability to compete against them.

I'm not even sure I'd want him here with a massive budget that we won't have, if we had a choice of any manager we wanted I would drive smug Eddie here myself, say what you like about him but he ticks all my boxes.

He’d drive himself back within the month

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Chris back,with a decent budget and a say in who to sign,instead of Dutch league rejects.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Neville will be an interesting choice given that just ONE person has seen fit to vote for him. Will there be an outcry or will we all shrug our shoulders and back him, should he be the one???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Neville will be an interesting choice given that just ONE person has seen fit to vote for him. Will there be an outcry or will we all shrug our shoulders and back him, should he be the one???
I'll back him if he is in 100% within the next couple of weeks - starting his work on next season.

If he doesn't come in until July, it'll be a grand strategic error - and I can't sign up to supporting that.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
It is all so underwhelming. Potter looks to have bottled it. Can't we have some fun in this dreadful Brexit world. Jose M or a wonderfully careless trio of Bruno/Calde/Rosenior? Indulge me....

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Please not Phil Neville (least he made the effort to vote for himself on here however). All those ex-Man Utd players seemed to be schooled in the Ferguson way of thinking and football has moved on from then. We can't go from Hughton to Neville.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Julian Nagelsmann would have been my first choice but he's already committed to going to RB Leibzig this summer. Given that I'd instead happily settle for Adi Hütter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here