Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Leicester City?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Dunk is better than Chris Smalling - most of my Man U following friends agree too. International caps means not a lot.

Yup - know a few United fans - who doesn’t - and pretty much all of them would take Dunk ahead of Smalling or Jones. Probably because he’s better at football than either of them.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Arsenal will be in meltdown knowing somebody else may want Dunk, how could he possibly want to play for anybody else other than the mighty Gunners.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Absolutely couldn't see this happening. Outside the top six, maybe Everton, possibly West Ham, but Leicester? Side step in my opinion.

Side step?

They were Champions not that long ago. European cup QF.

More seasons in top flight in past 20 years than we’ve managed in nearly 100.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think you will find he only employed 'last ditch defending' as you put it, because that was all he could do, in our attempt to retain our top flight status last season. Playing in a more established team with better players will bring out a whole new side to his game.
Agreed, he possibly can play differently - but that is the way he will be perceived outside of our club. Southgate seems to see him that way too, which will also be noted by potential buyers.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Suggesting Leicester is a side step is nonsense. Clearly a bigger, better side than us atm.

Infrastructure suggests that if things go very well, we could be near their level in a few years (i.e. 7th-10th). But we're still some way from that right now.

Agree, Leicester have a very strong squad. At least as strong as than man united and stronger than Everton.
It would be a decent move for dunk (not that I want it to happen).
He lacks the pace to be of the standard a top six club would expect. Better than mustafi, mind you

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Three pages on a load of whimsical bollocks? ???

OK Harty, what have you heard?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
New Head Coach would he not want to see what players he has at his disposal or is this part of a TB master plan

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
With all due respect, that’s a pretty dim argument.

I could give plenty of examples where more caps doesn’t = better player for the future.

Aaron Hughes 112
Glen Hysen 68
Chris Smalling 31
Phil Jones 27

Alan Hansen 26

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Reporting from Argus this morning says Dunk is 95% certain of staying at the Albion next season.
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17702177.lewis-dunk-likely-to-lead-albion-next-season/

"He is 95% certain to be skippering the Seagulls under new head coach Graham Potter, according to a well-placed source.
Speculative reports have been linking Dunk to Leicester as part of a transfer triangle involving England’s Harry Maguire and Portsmouth’s Matt Clarke.
Although an exit from the Amex for Dunk cannot be completely ruled out, The Argus understands the reports are wide of the mark."

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Reporting from Argus this morning says Duffy is 95% certain of staying at the Albion next season.
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17702177.lewis-dunk-likely-to-lead-albion-next-season/

"He is 95% certain to be skippering the Seagulls under new head coach Graham Potter, according to a well-placed source.
Speculative reports have been linking Dunk to Leicester as part of a transfer triangle involving England’s Harry Maguire and Portsmouth’s Matt Clarke.
Although an exit from the Amex for Dunk cannot be completely ruled out, The Argus understands the reports are wide of the mark."

Duffy?

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Reporting from Argus this morning says Duffy is 95% certain of staying at the Albion next season.

Dunk surely???

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

the chances of either going are pretty slim and have always been pretty slim, for the same reasons, I guess. Albion don't want to sell, they don't want to go, Albion don't need the ££ and likelihood of silly money being offered is unlikely.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
the chances of either going are pretty slim and have always been pretty slim, for the same reasons, I guess. Albion don't want to sell, they don't want to go, Albion don't need the ££ and likelihood of silly money being offered is unlikely.

With all due and all that, how could you possibly know 'they don't want to go'? The Naylor article is speculative bollox based on nothing.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
With all due and all that, how could you possibly know 'they don't want to go'? The Naylor article is speculative bollox based on nothing.

I'm guessing they don't want to go so fine you can accuse me of speculative bollox. Its definitely speculative. Maybe "bollox"
As for Naylor he's reporting not "based on nothing" , he's spoken to a well placed source who certainly would know.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bumper payrise and captaincy should keep Dunk at the albion unless a big6-er wants him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here