Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] BHA wage query

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Wonder how many minutes/seconds it takes Murray to earn £8.04...

Remember hearing about a book that put the top footballers earnings into perspective...I think Messi could buy a top of the range BMW with his money earned during the half-time break or something similar !

The one I heard on a similar vein was that if Bill Gates drops a hundred dollar bill, he earns it back quicker than he can pick it up!

Haven't done the maths on it but however you look at it it is a crazy amount of money he earns/has.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I'm not having a go at the club, heck they have an HR team that know how to put earnings in offshore accounts, alegedly. I'm an employer and I can't advertise for 'under 18's only' as that's ageism but having seen Burger King advertise jobs at £8 it must be a way around any law.

I beg to differ and your opening post is clearly a dig at the club and as subsequent posts point out your comments are both incorrect and poorly researched. Why now bring transferring earnings to offshore accounts into the equation? Are you an “expert” in this as well or is it a cheap “corbynite” slur to get the masses on side.
I’m not surprised the club works so hard to protect its good name.
We love the Albion don’t we?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I beg to differ and your opening post is clearly a dig at the club and as subsequent posts point out your comments are both incorrect and poorly researched. Why now bring transferring earnings to offshore accounts into the equation? Are you an “expert” in this as well or is it a cheap “corbynite” slur to get the masses on side.
I’m not surprised the club works so hard to protect its good name.
We love the Albion don’t we?

I'm not a corbynite. I'm employing staff now for summer season and would love to employ 15 to 18 year olds but can't advertise for such. It's my job to check all laws which is why I questioned this. What they imply is that they want younger people, which is illegal.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm not a corbynite. I'm employing staff now for summer season and would love to employ 15 to 18 year olds but can't advertise for such. It's my job to check all laws which is why I questioned this. What they imply is that they want younger people, which is illegal.

No it's not. They can 'imply' as much as they want. Just as long as they don't reject anyone because of their age then the club are fine and within the law. And you've still not addressed your complete misunderstanding of holiday pay.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Why can't you take holidays? Surely the same with any job. You might be available to work for 18 home games but are away for the 19th, that would count as a holiday?

The advert states you will get your holiday pay built into your hourly rate suggesting that you get your holiday pay as you work so if you take a match off for a holiday you won't get paid as you are already been paid for holidays

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Maybe the thead title should have included and "Are", an"ing" and a "?"

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
This doesn’t sit comfortably with me given the money that sloshes around the EPL and football. It’s this kind of this that gives the Marxist Jezza air.

That said a similar role at the Saracens is on a volunteer basis.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The advert states you will get your holiday pay built into your hourly rate suggesting that you get your holiday pay as you work so if you take a match off for a holiday you won't get paid as you are already been paid for holidays

So you can take a holiday then! What the ad doesn't state is what the pro rata holiday rate actually is!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Any chance the thread title can be updated to reflect reality?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Wonder how many minutes/seconds it takes Murray to earn £8.04...

Remember hearing about a book that put the top footballers earnings into perspective...I think Messi could buy a top of the range BMW with his money earned during the half-time break or something similar !

£10 every time he’s offside I reckon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was prepared to get angry at this given the title of the thread, however considering when I was at uni, £27 every other weekend for easy work around the corner from me would have been very welcome.

I think you're right in that it is aimed for uni students. Can't imagine anyone else would do it for that kind of money.

I’d suggest, if they threw in a match day ticket, it would be a great package for a retiree.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No it's not. They can 'imply' as much as they want. Just as long as they don't reject anyone because of their age then the club are fine and within the law. And you've still not addressed your complete misunderstanding of holiday pay.

I am not suggesting the advert is discriminatory, but you are wrong. Unless there is a valid reason to advertise a job to a certain demographic you cannot “imply” as you suggest.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The pay rate advertised for a physiotherapist is really taking the piss.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton

I'm not having a go at the club, just my understanding of the law. Rolled-up holiday pay is when holiday pay is paid 'on top' of the hourly wage. This is illegal, it must be paid when a staff member takes a holiday. Again, I'm not saying the club pay less than the legal wage, it's just that the way it's advertised is illegal.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm not having a go at the club, just my understanding of the law. Rolled-up holiday pay is when holiday pay is paid 'on top' of the hourly wage. This is illegal, it must be paid when a staff member takes a holiday. Again, I'm not saying the club pay less than the legal wage, it's just that the way it's advertised is illegal.

such casual part-time, irregular hours, do not have holiday to take, so this way of showing holiday pay is OK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here