Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Especially as they were playing behind the DEFENDERS

Odd how so many posters have doubled down on these 2 after last night, when I guarantee they both went up a long way in the managers estimations of them.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well I thought that considering we were playing a team just reached the champs league semi finals away from home they both did pretty well...

Especially as they were playing as DEFENDERS but then lets slag them off because they don’t look like classy FORWARDS :rolleyes:

When you're being asked to defend for long periods it's vital that you use the ball when you do get it - rather than spannering it straight back to Spurs (Locadia) or overhitting a simple cross in a 2 on 1 in our best attack (Ali J). Absolutely no surprise when Solly came on.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When you're being asked to defend for long periods it's vital that you use the ball when you do get it - rather than spannering it straight back to Spurs (Locadia) or overhitting a simple cross in a 2 on 1 in our best attack (Ali J). Absolutely no surprise when Solly came on.

And he did what? ( not knocking btw but he was just as ineffective, especially as he had fresh legs)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

There were 11 Brighton players spannering it back to Spurs [emoji23]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
And he did what? ( not knocking btw but he was just as ineffective, especially as he had fresh legs)

Once we went one down he ran directly at theor defence, beat a player and created our only chance since the cross Ali J over hit. But what March did is utterly irrelevant. At least he's (mostly) one of our own. We've belted extremely good, life changing money on the other two from a league that appears to be no better in quality than the Monkey Tennis.

Let's remind ourselves. Ali J - ZERO goals and ZERO assits

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
There were 11 Brighton players spannering it back to Spurs [emoji23]

Yeah buts lets pick on the forwards playing as defenders that you don’t rate ignoring that they are totally out of their comfort zone, whilst praising defenders who are doing what they are best at. Unbelievable.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Once we went one down he ran directly at theor defence, beat a player and created our only chance since the cross Ali J over hit. But what March did is utterly irrelevant. At least he's (mostly) one of our own. We've belted extremely good, life changing money on the other two from a league that appears to be no better in quality than the Monkey Tennis.

But it became a different game when we went 1-0 down. :facepalm:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Let’s remind ourselves that our manager is trying to squeeze square pegs into round holes too.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
But it became a different game when we went 1-0 down. :facepalm:

So go post that on the official match thread. How does it make the player that's the subject of this thread value for money? If you want random irrelvance and whataboutism head for the Brexit thread.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So go post that on the official match thread. How does it make the player that's the subject of this thread value for money? If you want random irrelvance and whataboutism head for the Brexit thread.

What the fudge are you jabbering on about.

At no point have I ever said he was value of money.
At no point have I ever been full of gushing praise.

Simply because I don't believe that is possible, from what we have seen of him in an incredibly difficult season, to have a complete assessment of him.

Likewise I don't believe it's possible to form such a negative opinion on 'one of our own' players just to look cool, you're post earlier proving that point.

You have now decided he's shitehouse and completely incapable of playing football.
To justify that you you cite Solly performance.

You can't compare Solly's performance AFTER Spurs had snatched our point away from us.
With that of the performances of the players who were giving the specific task of earning the point.

It's utter bellendary that completely nullifies what could prove to be valid points about Ali's future at the Albion.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
What the fudge are you jabbering on about.

The fact this is an Ali J thread and you haven't mentioned him, but rather the match conditions when Solly showed a nice piece of direct running. Which are totally irrelevant.

At no point have I ever said he was value of money.
At no point have I ever been full of gushing praise.

At no point did I say you have.

Simply because I don't believe that is possible, from what we have seen of him in an incredibly difficult season, to have a complete assessment of him.

It's been an incredibly difficult season because, it turns out, all of our signings apart from Bernardo, Bissouma, Andone and Burn are dogshit. Ali J has played OVER TWENTY TIMES and has zero goals and zero assists. Which is the point of this thread. Not the score when Solly dribbled. However...

To justify that you you cite Solly performance.

No I didn't. Read the thread. I said

Absolutely no surprise when Solly came on.

It was [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] who asked what he'd done so I gave him the curtousy of an answer.

It's utter bellendary that completely nullifies what could prove to be valid points about Ali's future at the Albion.

Says the board's biggest dullard.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Ashkan Dejagah ...who, interestingly, scored ZERO goals in HIS first season in the PL....

And only 5 in 43 games in total. And who also represented Germany at every level of youth international football before defecting to the Iranian full team - so he's as Iranian as Declan Rice is English.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
With the way we play I’m surprised we never played a standard midfield 4 with Suttner, Montoya, Bernardo as left or right sided midfielders.

Would allow a front 2 either standard or one in the hole as a 4411

Our wingers are totally luxury’s.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
On a very recent visit to England to catch up on the Albion and having the displeasure of witnessing Ali J in action and having watched all our games this season (on TV) except West Ham away I can say without doubt the lad is shithouse.

He can’t cross, he can’t beat a man, he can’t shot and can barely track back.

*on the off chance you’re reading this Ali J feel free to prove me wrong against Newcastle with a hatrick*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here