Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stop Funding Hate - Pathetic!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Nasty trait, jealousy. :wave:[/QUOTE

Presumably, you are all too ready to forget his post that prompted my outburst- sadly typical of the double standards that you have showed this afternoon, when you now denounce others, having begun on a moral pedestal about intolerance . .

Denouncing others? Do you hear yourself? :D The only reply you could muster to his post was a childish, "yeah well you own two houses so there"

Hypocrisy isn't your forte is it? :lolol:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If they go down that road,they will have lost a casual Middle Right reader like myself.
Precisely. Will kill it. But then people don't want to pay for news anymore and journalists still need to eat, damn them! It's an industry not long for our world and the consequences are really quite frightening. George Orwell was no fool!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I'm not ploughing through 400odd posts - has anybody posted the Voltaire quote yet?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Precisely. Will kill it. But then people don't want to pay for news anymore and journalists still need to eat, damn them! It's an industry not long for our world and the consequences are really quite frightening. George Orwell was no fool!

I slightly disagree,the news will always get through,the quality and impartial bit is probably where the risk lays

If it does not,then the highlighted bit would be and state run media is the domain of ironically, mainly far left countries.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Think I'm done for the today. Just got a Wild Beer Co Modus Operandi Old Ale 90 day Oak aged wild yeast beer out of the fridge. Feet up time; cheers everyone.

Bourgeoise! What ever happened to having a Harp and liking it...? ;) I'm going for a Rum - neighbours bought a bottle of Bounty back from St Lucia for us and it's lovely with a ginger beer on a dark, damp autumn eve :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What's wrong with good old Deutsches Bier.

Nothing at all. Rothaus, Augustiner, Berliner Berg, Schopperbrau, Heidenpeters and BRLO are all favourites but I like variety and the UK does some damn fine beers.

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
I slightly disagree,the news will always get through,the quality and impartial bit is probably where the risk lays.

It's what filter it gets through that's the problem. If it's through a publication that's owned by a non Dom who pays zero tax in the U.K. And has a vested interest in destracting your average honest person away from the real concerns in society by exploiting a humanitarian crisis then whilst there is news there may be little truth.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bourgeoise! What ever happened to having a Harp and liking it...? ;) I'm going for a Rum - neighbours bought a bottle of Bounty back from St Lucia for us and it's lovely with a ginger beer on a dark, damp autumn eve :)

Enjoy. Sunday Autumn/Winter nights are brilliant for cracking open some decent booze.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I slightly disagree,the news will always get through,the quality and impartial bit is probably where the risk lays

If it does not, then the highlighted bit would be and state run media is the domain of ironically, mainly far left countries.
But what if news is so deliberately spun as to foster a culture of constant confusion over what is true? That's where we're heading, as control of media becomes more concentrated in part because readers no long have attention spans nor want to pay for. It's far cheaper and easier than ever in the digital age to reach and shape/control opinions.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
So trying to stop certain evils is bad because there are other, worse ones to worry about?

Is that actually your point?! :wozza:

Surely you can see it might be more helpful opposing the bloke wandering around a neighbourhood with a flamethrower than the geezer with a box of matches? :wozza:

For other examples see 'Anti fascist' groups who prefer to confront a few BNP, EDL types but are strangely absent when extremist islamists gather to vent their poison or Stop the War who only seem interested in pacifism when the west is the perceived aggressor.

Probably because they are a domestic pressure group concentrating on domestic issues?

Of course there is nothing stopping you setting up a campaign group against puritanical Wahhabism. Free country and all that.

See above .. more likely selective, hypocritical, left leaning hypocrisy.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
300 years ago burning witches at the stake may have seemed a good idea, these days perhaps not.
You could say that about anything - this year it may seem to some to be a good idea to be out of the EU, in five years who knows? :whistle:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
But what if news is so deliberately spun as to foster a culture of constant confusion over what is true? That's where we're heading, as control of media becomes more concentrated in part because readers no long have attention spans nor want to pay for. It's far cheaper and easier than ever in the digital age to reach and shape/control opinions.

I agree and i agree with [MENTION=14225]AWAYDAY[/MENTION] it's happened over the many centuries too,now we all know the atrocities that happened in WW2,it was documented by video,however it makes you wonder how many so called truths in the past were lies,repeated enough times to become the absolute truth,on any matter....i digress slightly

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You could say that about anything - this year it may seem to some to be a good idea to be out of the EU, in five years who knows? :whistle:

In 5 years it might seem a bad idea,but us Leavers know that 25 years and beyond is when the real fruits are ripe for picking...

As an Island nation we would die out,were it not for the occasional visitor & inward migrator,mass migration including freedom of movement will see us become another Easter Island.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
In 5 years it might seem a bad idea,but us Leavers know that 25 years and beyond is when the real fruits are ripe for picking...

As an Island nation we would die out,were it not for the occasional visitor & inward migrator,mass migration including freedom of movement will see us become another Easter Island.
I know, it was just a cheap example to illustrate a point :)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
NO....go ahead

quote-the-hallmark-of-a-free-society-is-that-i-may-totally-disapprove-of-what-you-say-but-voltai.jpg

Except he apparently didn't say it after all... :blush::dunce:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
For other examples see 'Anti fascist' groups who prefer to confront a few BNP, EDL types but are strangely absent when extremist islamists gather to vent their poison or Stop the War who only seem interested in pacifism when the west is the perceived aggressor.

See above .. more likely selective, hypocritical, left leaning hypocrisy.

It is a free country it is their choice what they campaign against.

As mentioned before there is absolutely nothing stopping you starting a campaign group against puritanical wahhabism.

If you don't like it, ignore them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here