Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shoreham Air show crash

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Me too, especially that one of the aftermath. Why on EARTH do people feel the need to film that kind of thing?

There's something to be said for sharing an awful experience, and I don't mean in a "look at me" way. Many people are going to be reading about these events, and thinking "what would I do to help in a similar situation?". You see the guys trying to decide whether to go over to the car, and you can't help but be relieved you're not them. Maybe you start to get an idea what you would do if you came across a lesser accident. Maybe not, I don't know, but without these videos we live in a bit of a bubble.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Speaking personally, it's because I've only just got in from the game. Tell you what, I'll give you my mobile number - that way you'll have the ability to have me permanently at your beck and call.

condolences to the families of the victims who gave died; get well soon wishes to the injured.

You aren't the only mod! No need to take it so personally. Rather childish

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
There's something to be said for sharing an awful experience, and I don't mean in a "look at me" way. Many people are going to be reading about these events, and thinking "what would I do to help in a similar situation?". You see the guys trying to decide whether to go over to the car, and you can't help but be relieved you're not them. Maybe you start to get an idea what you would do if you came across a lesser accident. Maybe not, I don't know, but without these videos we live in a bit of a bubble.

This is what I was always taught, for arrival at any incident: "Lead, follow or get the fvck out the way."

Getting your phone out and filming it doesn't help anyone that needs help.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Speaking personally, it's because I've only just got in from the game. Tell you what, I'll give you my mobile number - that way you'll have the ability to have me permanently at your beck and call.a

condolences to the families of the victims who gave died; get well soon wishes to the injured.

Not covered yourself in glory with that response, in fact youve made yourself look a bit of a dick considering you are a Mod, ending your post with a perfunctory and emotionless condolences- classy. People are upset so perhaps try and show a bit more consideration FFS.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
To be fair to Goldstone1976, I PM'ed him and within 30 seconds he'd located the video and disabled it.

You can't ask for quicker response than that. Give the guy a break. He hadn't seen it - he did - and he acted. Perfect.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
To be fair to Goldstone1976, I PM'ed him and within 30 seconds he'd located the video and disabled it.

You can't ask for quicker response than that. Give the guy a break. He hadn't seen it - he did - and he acted. Perfect.

Fair enough but his post is just a little petulant and not expecte given the subject matter.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Fair enough but his post is just a little petulant and not expecte given the subject matter.

Petulant? On reflection, I think it perhaps was. Apologies to any I offended, including [MENTION=22135]rippleman[/MENTION] it wasn't intentional. Neither were my condolences intended to be either perfunctory or emotionless - my sympathy is sincere.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
According to press conference (please correct me if wrong);

- 7 confirmed fatalities
- Pilot is alive and fighting
- They've moved beyond the first stage of helping the wounded and are into a recovery stage
- It's possible that they will find more victims throughout the night

All very grim stuff.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
From personal experience I would think that it is almost inevitable that further (deceased) casualties will be located during the coming hours.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
From personal experience I would think that it is almost inevitable that further (deceased) casualties will be located during the coming hours.
The statement did seem to imply as much, without ever actually saying so.

Hopefully it won't be the case however.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Terrible news, makes you think your time could be up any minute

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The pilot was taken by air ambulance to the Royal Sussex County Hospital and is "fighting for his life", police said.

The Hawker Hunter jet crashed into the A27 in West Sussex at 13:20 BST as it was completing a loop manoeuvre.

"It is possible that tonight and tomorrow we are going to find more bodies at the scene," said Supt Derrick.

She also confirmed that Sussex Police had received about 40 calls from people concerned that their loved ones and relatives may have been injured or died in the crash.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here