Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Union Saint-Gilloise

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Are they going up ?

How has our lad done ?
They will not go up - they needed to win the '2nd half of the season league' to reach the promotion play off final. They are 10 points off top spot with 3 games to play.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Missed out on promotion, but leading their group for Europa League qualification - in a group containing teams from the league above.

The Belgian league is strange for European qualification !

Would love it for Tony to get his other club into Europe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_Belgian_First_Division_A#Europa_League_play-offs

I assume that’s what’s going on at the moment? They seem to be doing ok in it but I’m sure I heard the other day they won’t be allowed into Europe even if they win whatever it is they’re doing.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Another win, as Tony's other team will at least be bringing him some joy.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
How is our prodigal goal machine doing? Surely we need him here to show our front line how to do it.

:goal:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
How is our prodigal goal machine doing? Surely we need him here to show our front line how to do it.

:goal:

Transfer Market has him with 6 goals and 7 assists in 23 games for their regular season. They have him with only 2 appearances and no goals or assists in the playoffs but I am not sure if that part is up to date.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
I think that has all been sorted now, and they have all the licences needed for Europa League entry.

Quick turn around as that report was from 7 days ago and they were going to concentrate on getting the elite status for their academy next season.

Good on them if they have got it sorted, although the chances of them making the Europa League are still slim, they need to win their group (which is looking possible), they then play the winners of the other group (currently Sint-Truiden are leading and they finished 7th in the top division just missing out on the Championship playoffs).

The winners of that game then play Antwerp (who finished 6th in the regular season and 4th in the Championship playoffs) for the Europa League spot and a place in the second qualifying round (which starts in July). Could be a long old season next season for Tony Bloom's other club.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Quick turn around as that report was from 7 days ago and they were going to concentrate on getting the elite status for their academy next season.

Good on them if they have got it sorted, although the chances of them making the Europa League are still slim, they need to win their group (which is looking possible), they then play the winners of the other group (currently Sint-Truiden are leading and they finished 7th in the top division just missing out on the Championship playoffs).

The winners of that game then play Antwerp (who finished 6th in the regular season and 4th in the Championship playoffs) for the Europa League spot and a place in the second qualifying round (which starts in July). Could be a long old season next season for Tony Bloom's other club.
Actually, I may be wrong.

I assumed this was announcing obtaining the licence they needed for Europe. Maybe it is something else.

https://twitter.com/UnionStGilloise/status/1115973702229856256?s=19

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Will Percy and the Argie be able to play for us next season ?

The Argie will probably get a work permit thanks to being a regular for a team in a ‘top league’ and also due to the transfer fee and wages that we’re paying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here