Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What was the biggest Third Round shock?

What was the biggest shock of the third round?

• Oldham beating Fulham

Votes: 23 10.8%
  • Barnet beating Sheffield United

Votes: 40 18.9%
  • Newport being Leicester

Votes: 117 55.2%
  • Gillingham beating Cardiff

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bristol City beating Huddersfield

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brighton beating Bournemouth

Votes: 32 15.1%

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Fulham losing to Oldham because for a minnow to go to the bigger team and win at their place is, IMHO, much more of an achievement than beating them at yours.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I've voted for Newport, if only for the fact it will put a smile on the [MENTION=6]Lord Bracknell[/MENTION] lips up there on his cloud.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Newport being Leicester is the biggest metaphysical shock, especially for those in South Wales with a bad hangover this morning.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Spurs bringing on Kane on 75 minutes when they were already winning 6-0 - hardly sporting.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Spurs bringing on Kane on 75 minutes when they were already winning 6-0 - hardly sporting.

I did think this.

Put the game to bed by getting to 3 or 4 nil. But there really is no need to humiliate the opposition... not like goal difference is a factor.
Use your subs to let the finge players have some time in the limelight, sit back a defend the lead.
Just not nice to sh!t on the opposition by getting 6 and THEN bringing out your top striker!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Pinocchio said he gave Kane 15 minutes to please the Tranmere fans who paid good money to see his stars play , fair doos .

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I might be biased but Barnet's win at Sheffield United yesterday was so special. I go to a lot of their games and their pace, passing and effort was incredible. The bad thing about their cup run is the likes of Craig Robson, Callum Reynolds, Dan Sweeney, Ephron Mason-Clark and Shaquile Coulthirst might be snapped up for peanuts by bigger clubs. What a day though and Bramall Lane is a beautiful ground, full of character.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
4 days and 7 time zones I think this third round worked. But without the 'giant killings' it could so easily have flopped.
My gripes
Driving back Saturday 5Live decided that Chelsea was the game we all wanted to listen to - Wrong.
During the Newport game the commentator spoke about a player who moved from Ireland to play in England for Newport. He said it twice in 30 seconds and no one picked him up on it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here