Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Aside from the Irish border issue what exactly are you objecting to in Mays deal?

Nobody intelligent enough to answer this, or are may of you responding to sound bites?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
[MENTION=25402]Blue Valkyrie[/MENTION]

This thread makes interesting reading.

[tweet]1109081728952532993[/tweet]
Thank you, I hadn't seen that.

I was hoping the plane was being used to serve papers in person to Farage, but perhaps that makes no sense as they could fax the papers to the Embassy to serve.

So maybe either Assange or Farage has a seat reserved on the return trip ?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
:lolol:

WILL OF THE PEOPLE

LEAVE MEANS LEAVE

WE COPED BEFORE WHEN WE STOOD ALONE IN THE WAR DIDN'T WE?

Was reading a thing in the Guardian the other day, a piece full of politicians across Europe giving their verdict on the state of the country at the moment and one of them said something about (some of) our political class living in a 'Churchillian past'. Which I thought was brilliant.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
***Waits for May to twist the wording of these options, and to use strong arm 3-line whipping to try to get her way***

These are her 7 options;

Deal
Anagram of lead
Kent coastal town just north of Walmer
The first word of Noel Edmond's Channel 4 TV show starring "The Banker"
Complete this Donald Trump book title, "The Art of the..."
laeD backwards
Seal, but every S is pronounced and written as a D

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
So over four million minus a few thousand equals, eh over four million.

Why don't you stick to one account for one topic/thread and another for another? Skating on thin ice surely?

So who else do you think I am,you clueless clown?:lolol:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Excellent. Another sore loser that cannot admit that they LOST and that someone who voted FOR Brexit KNEW EXACTLY WHAT THEY VOTED FOR =LEAVE THE EU.

Your about as objective as a pig farmer at a vegan rally.

Conceited ass. It's twats like you and May that cannot admit that others might have known what they want when they voted.

You seem calm and reasoned.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Thank you, I hadn't seen that.

I was hoping the plane was being used to serve papers in person to Farage, but perhaps that makes no sense as they could fax the papers to the Embassy to serve.

So maybe either Assange or Farage has a seat reserved on the return trip ?

Hopefully, both.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
For all those people that are saying ... "the result was in 2016 we need to know what a 2019 result is" .... I say ... in that case I demand we know what the peoples vote is in 2022 & 2025 & 2028 in case views have changed

after all its only fair if you get a rerun this year that I can have one in another 3 years

"We had a General Election in 1911. Why are we still having them?"

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Jo Cox.
Anna Soubry cannot spend the weekend in her own home, this weekend due to death threats the police are taking seriously.

Jo Cox was pre-Brexit. Anna Soubry is alive. And a million other social media death threats from cowardly keyboard warriors are probably pinging round the ethernet as we type. I'd not take notice if I were her but if I were, I'd probably not fan the flames of discontent by grandstanding and setting up a new party a month before D-Day...

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I doubt Baker lite is overly aware of what 4chan exactly is....

If it wasn't for Loony sending me links to it,I ,like most normal people,wouldn't have a clue about wierdo conspiracy sites,or the deviants that use them.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Was reading a thing in the Guardian the other day, a piece full of politicians across Europe giving their verdict on the state of the country at the moment and one of them said something about (some of) our political class living in a 'Churchillian past'. Which I thought was brilliant.

They're still all jealous we were the only one who either didn't start it or surrender...:whistle:

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Jo Cox was pre-Brexit. Anna Soubry is alive. And a million other social media death threats from cowardly keyboard warriors are probably pinging round the ethernet as we type. I'd not take notice if I were her but if I were, I'd probably not fan the flames of discontent by grandstanding and setting up a new party a month before D-Day...

So it's basically her fault and she shouldn't be allowed to express her opinions? As I understand it the suggestion she shouldn't return home this weekend came from the police, so clearly they thought there was enough in it to treat it seriously, and not just a bunch of cretins in bedsits spaffing bile onto Twitter.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

So you think she's perfectly safe although on police advice, she isn't.

Jo Cox was murdered by a right wing sympathiser and was indirectly affected by the mood of the country pre Brexit. Anti immigration feelings ran and are running very high.

Your post was crass.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Do you know that power stations feed into a grid? Since 2007 it is one grid for the whole island

Grids can be disconnected.And anyway,the Republic's power stations are filthy,polluting coal-fired monstrosities.Thought we were going for GREEN energy.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Accept deal on the table. Thanks to May we have some sort of deal.

What deal.....??????

You don't mean the deal that has merely sorted out how much we have to keep paying to the EU over the next 21 months...?

We have no trade deals arranged.

We aren't allowed to sort any new Trade Deals outside of the EU until December 2020.

As we were in just these simple arrangements with the EU to date......we will be just as impotent in sorting new trade deals with them over the next 21 months.

The arguments over just this 'divorce deal' is a childrens tea party compared to what will happen in the future.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
The problem I see with a peoples vote is you would have to have more than 2 options on the vote, Mays deal, no deal or stay in EU. In fact you could even argue there should be a 4th option of the oppositions broad plan of leaving the EU but remaining with much closer links to the EU (customs union, Canada++ etc). So what happens if with another referendum and the percentages were broadly 20% Mays deal, 32% no deal, 48% stay in EU. So the highest single vote option is to revoke article 50 and stay in the EU but still over half the vote has opted by one way or another they still want to leave?

???

Which is the opposite of what happened in 2016 because there are so many versions of Brexit.
Let's say you have a group of people, 40% vegan*, 30% who eat beef but can't eat pork** and 30% who eat pork but can't abide beef** and you ask them all if they want meat for dinner?

60% vote to have meat but half of them are disappointed.
40% vote to have mung beans and lentils and get all shouty.

It was always going to be a mess.

* remain
** leave

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Accept deal on the table. Thanks to May we have some sort of deal. All other EU countries have no intention of making it easy to get out in case any others were thinking of joining us. I am surprised we have got any sort of deal. I was remainer but we must stay with vote. Brexiteers of course must have known EU countries were not going to say yes to everything we wanted. As far as march is concerned. Waste of space

This isn't deal. This is just the Withdrawal Agreement. There are over 750 deals to be sorted out once we do reach some sort of conclusion.
This will be going on for years.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Which is the opposite of what happened in 2016 because there are so many versions of Brexit.
Let's say you have a group of people, 40% vegan*, 30% who eat beef but can't eat pork** and 30% who eat pork but can't abide beef** and you ask them all if they want meat for dinner?

* remain
** leave

Feed them all mushroom soup.All the vegans will think it favours them,and don't need to know it has chicken stock in it.All the meat-eaters can snigger at the vegans.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
So over four million minus a few thousand equals, eh over four million.

Why don't you stick to one account for one topic/thread and another for another? Skating on thin ice surely?

Still no answer.Are you watford zero answers in disguise?Clown

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here