Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jim White

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Why do people bother listening to Talk Sport if it irritates them and they think it's shit? Genuine question.

Yes, there are too many ads. Yes, some of the presenters love the sound of their own voices and go 'off on one'

BUT, there are some excellent presenters (name checked already) and shows on the station....and if you don't like it, don't listen. Simple as that.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
JW off on holiday in Palma Nova this week but will be back next week.
The Talkshite bosses obviously not happy with Nat Sawyer's performance yesterday because they've FAST-TRACKED Jim home from his week in the sun.

Back on with Si Jordan today banging on about Twatter trolls and fake social media accounts.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Why do people bother listening to Talk Sport if it irritates them and they think it's shit? Genuine question.

Yes, there are too many ads. Yes, some of the presenters love the sound of their own voices and go 'off on one'

BUT, there are some excellent presenters (name checked already) and shows on the station....and if you don't like it, don't listen. Simple as that.

That's a fair point...……….but if we all followed it then there'd be very little left on NS to moan - sorry talk -about. I am happy to criticise but I also think Danny Kelly is brill.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I've given up on listening to it for my commutes to and from work, because Brazil (am) and Durham (pm) just end up pissing me off and putting me in a bad mood. But I do still dip in and out of it at other times, because its the only 24/7 sports radio station, and I do likes me sport. If its the top of the hour then I might catch the headlines, or if I'm mincing around in the kitchen doing something menial, I might stick it on for a bit of Max and Barry, or Danny Kelly in the evening, just till I've jobbed whatever I'm jobbing.

Could I have it on all day, or for hours ? Oh GOD no. If I had to listen to an advert for Selco Builders Warehouse every 6 minutes, I'd end up punching glass and self-harming.

What I guess I'm saying is that talkSPORT is ok now and then in very short doses, but prolonged exposure could lead to sudden outbursts of violence.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
According to the latest RAJAR figures JWs show is up again, a phenomenal increase in listeners from Colin Murray previously.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I find myself torn because I would go out of my way to choose to listen to H&J, quite like Max and Barry's Warm-up and can stomach Adrian Durham and Goldstein and Cundy's late-night stuff on the rare occasion I'm in the car at that time.

However, the rest of it is proper gash, especially Brazil and White. I only listen to the radio in the car and sometimes, if it's a short journey and know I won't find anything else I fancy without faffing about through the stations, I'll leave TS on. I would add that I like Bob Mills (from his Colin Murray days), it's just a shamed he got paired with White.

So in answer to your question, sometimes I listen because I like it, sometimes I listen because I can't be arsed to find something else to listen to and sometimes I just want to remind myself how annoying Jim Shite is :lol:

Anyway, I see he (White) is getting a pasting on Twatter today for presenting a Deadline Day-style 'countdown' for Bury and Bolton this afternoon on the TV. Crass, even by the Scottish stroker's standards.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Agreed.

Also agreed. Quite like Bingham and Cascarino at the weekends too.

I’ve given up on Alan Brazil now, way too annoying. Only interested in the big 4, talks over people and sounds like he’s chewing food all the time (probably is). The breakfast show was, though, excellent when Laura Woods was standing in for him.

:thumbsup:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm quite new to Talksport and quite like it (in relatively short bursts - it's OK for driving though). But the minute Hawksbee and Jacobs come on, that's it - off switch. Fast.

Two grown men blubbering on about nothing in particular or even vaguely interesting. Apparently they're supposed to be funny? But one of them continually making a chortling noise like a bad impression of Mutley - presumably just to let us know when the supposedly amusing bits are happening - is just about the worst radio I've ever heard.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I'm quite new to Talksport and quite like it (in relatively short bursts - it's OK for driving though). But the minute Hawksbee and Jacobs come on, that's it - off switch. Fast.

Two grown men blubbering on about nothing in particular or even vaguely interesting. Apparently they're supposed to be funny? But one of them continually making a chortling noise like a bad impression of Mutley - presumably just to let us know when the supposedly amusing bits are happening - is just about the worst radio I've ever heard.
I normally agree with your thoughts in general. However, on this occasion I take the opposite view as I think H&J are great! I think you either love that kind of humour, or you hate it. I don't get Monty Python.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
[tweet]1166397467895746563[/tweet]

Some marvellous reactions to the crass SSN coverage of yesterday's events. The above being my favourite.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
[tweet]1166397467895746563[/tweet]

Some marvellous reactions to the crass SSN coverage of yesterday's events. The above being my favourite.

That is excellent.

He has apparently been defending himself on TS today over the countdown clock, claiming it was not his idea and he has no input on the production side of things on the show - which I think is a load of old arse. If he'd had any genuine feelings of sympathy towards Bury and Bolton, he could've had that onscreen countdown clock binned off quicksmart - the fact it probably didn't even occur to him speaks volumes.

Whats the cuffing POINT of it anyway ? There's always clock in the corner of the screen, and we can all tell the time ffs.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
That is excellent.

He has apparently been defending himself on TS today over the countdown clock, claiming it was not his idea and he has no input on the production side of things on the show - which I think is a load of old arse. If he'd had any genuine feelings of sympathy towards Bury and Bolton, he could've had that onscreen countdown clock binned off quicksmart - the fact it probably didn't even occur to him speaks volumes.

Whats the cuffing POINT of it anyway ? There's always clock in the corner of the screen, and we can all tell the time ffs.

I was in the car today and caught a fair chunk of the show. He seems to genuinely believe that he is some sort of lower league spokesman despite having the most limited of limited understanding of the situation (Trevor Sinclair was comically worse) and wouldn't find Bury on a map. His arse licking style is no use in a situation like this.

Still back to Alexis Sanchez tomorrow and normal service resumed I'm sure.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I get what you mean and I can see why some people would hate them. But I think they are great and they go WAY beyond the usual chat about the Premier League to topics such as cheese rolling, gravy wrestling, tug-of-war world championships, cushion-spinning record breakers. Always entertaining from that point of view.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
That is excellent.

To be fair, (and yes the clock thing is horribly crass and totally in keeping with Sky) I heard White on TS a couple of weeks ago absolutely battering Steve Dale and got him on the phone to challenge him on the running of the club and really put him under pressure to explain his actions. He also got Stephen Dawson on (their Captain) to facilitate a conversation on how badly the situation was effecting players which was brave of all parties to go ahead with.

I'm not usually one to defend him as I find his self-aggrandizing nonsense unbearable and the "Legend of Jim White" seriously overplayed, but in this case he has openly been pushing to try and raise awareness of the Bury issue, to disregard this over the timer seems a bit like another example of people smashing into one incident without taking into account the wider picture.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here