Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Debut Goals

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
But could he be a legend?

I’m concerned that we might not be able to keep hold on to him for long enough to reach the levels of Ward, Zamora & Murray etc.

If that were ever the case it would surely take skywards of 60 mill to prize him away? Zaha comes to mind :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Possibly the finest Swiss-Congolese legal graduate ever to score after 12 seconds on his Albion debut :bowdown:

calling [MENTION=8158]Molango's visa[/MENTION]

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
It's a long time ago and memory dims so don't take it too hard when I mention Kit Napier and Adrian Thorne?

Reinelt 62

Jul 5, 2003
Phil Gilbert - 27/04/1963 2 v Bradford (Park Avenue)

Bobby Smith - 22/08/1964 2 v Barrow (as mentioned upthread)

Kit Napier - 01/10/1966 2 v Peterborough Utd (as mentioned upthread)

Didn't do things by halves in those days.

Privileged to have been at the Goldstone to see them all.

Adrian Thorne was 18/01/1958 1 v Southend Utd (away)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
King Kayall, didn’t he score within about a minute of coming on. It was definitely his Amex debut, but, I don’t know if played an away game before that.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
King Kayall, didn’t he score within about a minute of coming on. It was definitely his Amex debut, but, I don’t know if played an away game before that.

I don't recall him scoring, I think he just went close to scoring, hit the bar or something.

EDIT .No, you were right, but we lost the game anyway, probably why it didn't register in the memory, I just recall it being an impressive debut.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I don't recall him scoring, I think he just went close to scoring, hit the bar or something.

EDIT .No, you were right, but we lost the game anyway, probably why it didn't register in the memory, I just recall it being an impressive debut.

It was his debut, then??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here