Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] A storm is a coming

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Well, heard a couple of rumbles of thunder last night. Then, because I was working late, watched the weather radar to see if it would hit. Nope ... slid past just to the west of Uckfield.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Astonishing electrical storm around midnight here in Somerset. Sky was more light than dark for about 45 minutes.

Yeah, it woke me up in the early hours; great to watch.

Never seen anything like it before though - usual thunderstorm is a flash of lighting every couple of minutes followed by the thunder, but this was continual lightning, more like a strobe. Beautiful, but bizarre.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
A few years ago we were sailing into Barcelona from Palma and after we went to bed, and had been asleep for a while we were both woken up by noise coming from other cabins....oi oi we thought, but there was this flash of brilliant light came through the balcony door.....anyway, we went outside and were treated to 2 hours of the most fantastic electrical storm I have ever seen. There was no noise apart from the occasional crackle but there was countless lightning bolts, forks and flashes and we looked around and practically everyone on board was on their balcony or on the top deck being treated to the most fantastic free light show anyone had ever seen.

Nature in the raw is something to behold.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I get live stream via your link and a fine view of a jogger and a mum with pushchair - not so much as a "sprinter" :)
Which "Terrier" are you?

No.40. Almost all the others are named after some pretty dismal places.

No.40. Almost all the others are named after some pretty dismal places.

No 40 a famous one still alive and well "overseas" - too long since my last visit. My local one, 84, long gone but here is a photo of her from a time when facial hairs on train crew was compulsory.

2019-07-24 (2).png

Attachments

• 2019-07-24.png
    2019-07-24.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 90

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here