Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club Marketing emails concerning ladies team

Should the club continue the marketing strategy of clickbait, or describe news accurately?

• No, I love being trolled

Votes: 25 17.7%
  • Yes, the email subject should describe the enclosed news

Votes: 116 82.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

D

Deleted member 2719

I don’t know why people get so pissed off about it. Open the email, look at the picture and then either read it or don’t read it. There must be worse things going on in people’s lives to worry about.

I have a feeling you have lot's of time on your hands or your only get emails from the club.

Every minute I waste opening up a letter I didn't ask for or an email I didn't ask for is wasting my life, I could be on here instead of having a load of banter with the lefties.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don’t know why people get so pissed off about it. Open the email, look at the picture and then either read it or don’t read it. There must be worse things going on in people’s lives to worry about.

Agree. I’m really and truly struggling to see the issue here. Worse things, or maybe absolute nothing going on hence something so trivial is an issue.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Label it as such then, rather than go for the headline. It will be "Albion sign new striker" next, there will then be the relevant threads on here!

What BBassic says...

And I've answered : Yes, the email subject should describe the enclosed news

Which is what they're doing.

Like it or lump it every single team we have will be referred to as 'Albion' or Seagulls or whatever the hell they like. So when you get an email saying 'Albion sign BlahBlahBlah' they are being factually accurate.

FFS the club has consistently been about inclusivity and togetherness so why would they use exclusive names in their marketing.

The women are part of the football club. They're going to be called Albion in communications for as long as they exist I should imagine and people will have to learn to get on with it. Or just f**king ignore it for gawds sake.

Aaaaaand breathe.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have a feeling you have lot's of time on your hands or your only get emails from the club.

Every minute I waste opening up a letter I didn't ask for or an email I didn't ask for is wasting my life, I could be on here instead of having a load of banter with the lefties.

Every minute? Maybe this is the issue. If I see an email which I have first decided to open, then decided it’s not for me...takes seconds. If it was taking me a minute maybe I’d think differently. Maybe up your game a bit?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm all for supporting the women's game and genuinely pleased with the increased exposure but these emails are definitely designed for clicks!

Massive troll is massive troll

First world problems. Unsubscribe from the emails.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
The thread wasn't from a place of anger or frustration. Ahhh you got me, I've clicked another club email! When will I learn? :lolol: Maybe this is modern marketing, certainly gets me clicking.

That's what it's all about. Flattering to deceive, with marketing bonus KPI's smashed. How can we get them to click through next...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yet another club communication with a new women's team signing. Constant trolling.

Have I missed a way to limit club communications to specifically what I want to hear about? If not, should the club offer an opt-out of news spam for Women's, or even U23 for those that just don't care...?

It took you 20 times longer to dream up, write and post this thread, than it would take you to read one of these emails.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

If only you'd read that one about the shirts...:moo:

D

Deleted member 2719

Every minute? Maybe this is the issue. If I see an email which I have first decided to open, then decided it’s not for me...takes seconds. If it was taking me a minute maybe I’d think differently. Maybe up your game a bit?

Ha ha, I think you know my point, time obviously not an issue for you when you have chalked up 46,574 posts or were they all done in nanoseconds?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
[MENTION=159]Stumpy Tim[/MENTION] got over it quickest :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
But it is silly and annoying and deliberately misleading and you can’t unsubscribe unless you completely unsubscribe from all communication from the club - that’s the point here. Many pointless replies!

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
But it is silly and annoying and deliberately misleading and you can’t unsubscribe unless you completely unsubscribe from all communication from the club - that’s the point here. Many pointless replies!
Exactly, and most of us signed up for this long before there was even a ladies team to speak of so why don’t the club have separate subscription for the ladies team season ticket holders?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
At the end of the day if the club asked the fans what they wanted I would say 90% would prefer separate men and womens Twitter accounts , emails etc. We seem to be one of the only clubs that lump everything in together when, let's be honest, most don't care about the women's team.

And the fact that they have this annoying clickbait is probably turning more people off the women's game than positively promoting it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Coming soon to your inbox : "You'll never believe which striker the albion have just signed ! Just click here".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here