Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] House Coats

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
You would always see northern women on their hand and knees scrubbing the doorstep with a housecoat on.
After they had finished the doorstep they would stand up and polish their knockers.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Housecoats! They did go out of fashion didn't they? And not in the last decade either. I do remember my Nan had one, but that was back in the 1960s.

I hope you and Mrs Crodo enjoy wearing yours. Have they got flower patterns on them?

Our good friends Polly and Giles have matching ones, Mrs Crodo has got a floral number. I don’t know why the club don’t do a range of house coats, would sell well I bet [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] would snap one up.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patreon
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
You would always see northern women on their hand and knees scrubbing the doorstep with a housecoat on.
After they had finished the doorstep they would stand up and polish their knockers.

Fjc54zM.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
house coat.jpg

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Me and Mrs Crodo invested in new house coats yesterday as a May treat to ourselves. The shop assistant said they’ve declined massively in popularity over the past decade and are now considered unfashionable. Anyone else still wear house coats?

Are you sure they're not fashionable straight jackets :D
My wife once had a coatigan!

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
I can understand and well remember women wearing houscoats as overalls to work in. My Mum wore one. But us men?? - unless we are talking about a manly garment like Albert Arkright's brown overall in 'Open All Hours' I'm out, thank-you anyway.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I always believed women wore house coats, and men wore dressing gowns

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Is it compulsory to walk around sounding like Noël Coward whilst wearing a house coat?
I must admit, I'd never heard the term before I met my wife. When she said "house coat" I immediately got the Noel Coward image of an oversized, massive dressing gown. Not something you'd use just after getting out of the shower.

More Hugh Hefner.

But apparently it was what her family called dressing gowns.

We've had loads of discussions/arguments about this issue over the years. "It's a ****ing dressing gown, what's a 'house coat'?".

This thread finally proves me right. It's actually something else. Which I've never seen in real life, ever.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here