Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Alex Scott @ Sky Sports.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Just do yourself a favour ans next time a female pundit is on the tv or radio just listen to what she says instead of thinking about her being a woman.

Nah. Not interested in what they have to say. They are there purely as because they are women not because their views have any gravitas. I want to hear the views of current / past male pros who have played the game at that level. If that makes me sexist then so be it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ha ha are you for real? Go and pour ya self a herbal tea and read the Guardian. I'm having a lager and reading the Daily Mail.

I've just twigged that this guy is actually a genius WUM. Sorry [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION], your days at the top are numbered.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Well, if you can not even be bothered to do that you can not have an opinion on if any of the female pundits are any good. Shot yourself in the foot there. It will be a good day when the last of the sexists, like you, finaly die out.

I'm not sexist. Just want to hear the views of people who have played the game at that level. Alex Scott's opinions would be perfectly valid if she was a pundit on the women's game as no doubt she will be during the WC.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Ha ha are you for real? Go and pour ya self a herbal tea and read the Guardian. I'm having a lager and reading the Daily Mail.
No wonder you're so scared of the actual real world if you read the Mail. The irony that you tell other people to live in it. That's funny, even if it's a wind up.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Well, if you can not even be bothered to do that you can not have an opinion on if any of the female pundits are any good. Shot yourself in the foot there. It will be a good day when the last of the sexists, like you, finaly die out.

Answer me this then: why don't Sky / BT have pundits from lower or non league football during their PL / UCL coverage? Lack of credibility as not played at that level would be my guess.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
No wonder you're so scared of the actual real world if you read the Mail. The irony that you tell other people to live in it. That's funny, even if it's a wind up.

Can assure you I do live very much in the real world, not some trendy liberal right on one.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
She has played at the highest level, in her version. You get ex-tennis players as pundits on both and it works fine. I’m sure Navratilova wouldn’t have won a game against McEnroe in the day but she is his equal as a pundit on the men’s game.

In this whole debate only one question is relevant “are you good enough”. I think Alex Scott is, I think loads of others are not (including that gurning brain donor Shearer). The only woman currently in the football media who should not be is that BBC commentator, not because she is a woman but because she is a crap commentator with an annoying voice, but I feel the same about way about Pearce!!

Sky are not helping the situation with their 80’s air hostess recruitment policy.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
W*nkbrained Uneducated Moron?

Oh the irony!!! You are calling me a 'moron' and prefix it with I'm a 'w**nkbrain' when as far as I know there is no such medical condition as a 'w**nkbrain' so surely it's a bit moronic inventing a medical condition just to insult me. Uneducated? Educated to degree level. However at an old Polytechnic rather then a 'proper' Uni, so you could make a case for uneducated I guess. Difficult to prove however.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
I am taking a WILD stab in the dark here, the women selected are internationally recognisable faces of the sport, that is a fact whether you are your cave dwelling friends think so or not. That is probably why there is a lack of lower league pundits on those shows as they do not fulfil that category, not their lack of potential insigt.

How do you know what my 'cave dwelling friends' think? They might be oh so right on and enlightened like you. The reason why no lower /non league pundits on elite football can be summed up in 3 words: lack of credibility'. Say what you want in return but the inescapable fact is I'm right.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
She has played at the highest level, in her version. You get ex-tennis players as pundits on both and it works fine. I’m sure Navratilova wouldn’t have won a game against McEnroe in the day but she is his equal as a pundit on the men’s game.

In this whole debate only one question is relevant “are you good enough”. I think Alex Scott is, I think loads of others are not (including that gurning brain donor Shearer). The only woman currently in the football media who should not be is that BBC commentator, not because she is a woman but because she is a crap commentator with an annoying voice, but I feel the same about way about Pearce!!

Sky are not helping the situation with their 80’s air hostess recruitment policy

Oh I dunno about that, some of those birds on SSN are right crackers.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Oh the irony!!! You are calling me a 'moron' and prefix it with I'm a 'w**nkbrain' when as far as I know there is no such medical condition as a 'w**nkbrain' so surely it's a bit moronic inventing a medical condition just to insult me. Uneducated? Educated to degree level. However at an old Polytechnic rather then a 'proper' Uni, so you could make a case for uneducated I guess. Difficult to prove however.
It was just a guess. You asked the question dear.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
All good fun winding up the 'oh so trendy look at me I embrace diversity' types on here. The types who would watch women throwing dog sh*t at each other if it helped them showcase their politically correct credentials.

You aren't happy are you? I can tell. :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s not about women not being allowed an opinion, it’s about one women being paid thousands of pounds to state it on TV. There is a big difference.

I don’t mind Alex Scott, she’s OK, but I can’t seriously believe anybody genuinely thinks she is there because of her footballing insight rather than her sex.

This.

It’s positive discrimination.

Sky/BBC would never admit that of course, but after a raft of embarrassing sexist scandals such as the BBC’s greater pay scale for males and getting rid of female presenters only when they reached middle age, they’re making great efforts to redress their sexism.

I don’t mind her input either, I don’t get the “Oh no, not them yet again” feeling, as Shearer and Jenas dominate these gigs.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
You aren't happy are you? I can tell. :lolol:

Am really happy mate. Won't name names but every 'thumb' I've had on this thread has been an 'up'. Goes to show most agree with me. So Barca V Liverpool kicking off soon, if was on Sky no doubt Alex Scott would be a studio guest probably alongside Souness and Carragher and no doubt another ex player with links to both clubs, can you honesty say her opinion is a valid one alongside Souness and Carragher who have won the CL 4 times between them? Can she really say with any gravitas 'what I would've done in that situation is xyz.' Sorry that ain't sexist, it's realist.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Cricket (for all of its conservatism) was a bit quicker to deploy female commentators and analysts than football. As with the blokes, they are a mixed bunch but most seem to talk sense when it comes to technique and tactics and now it's a bit of a non-issue, I suspect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here