Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ***Player Ratings vs Wolves***

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I wasn’t at Molyneux and didn’t watch a stream. Was Stephens not much cop today? He got a fair amount of praise on the match thread.

I thought he was a bit better than recently but he’s still a weak link for me.

A lot of people pick on his passing but it’s not that for me, his lack of positional awareness stresses me out every game. The amount of times the opposition play little passes around him is so frustrating, he just doesn’t read the game well enough for that important position. And he can’t tackle very well.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Disagree he was lethargic going into an number of challenges he may be worried of another sending off for a mistimed tackle and thats how it seemed to me. Wolves crossed and shot at the first opportunity. Stephens doesnt EVER and yet again this game. Propper is better without him and I worry at how bad his injury is.

But Stephens is a holding midfielder not one that is going to shoot as much, so not sure that is a fair comparison.

In terms of the challenges as per my post, I felt there were some he should have won.

Propper of late has been awful, and we looked better without him today.

Think we’ll disagree on this [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Because Propper was on for 90 mins and didnt produce 1 good moment.

I know you mixed them up but Izzy was our main outlet the entire match. Yes he isnt match fit however he was more important than a player that lasted 10 minutes and barely touched the ball much that I love him.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I thought that he offered nothing productive other than 1 shot. but sat in and defended well breaking up play which he was required to do, so he did his job.

His drive and energy was everything Propper lacks week in week out. He covered so much ground. Really don't get why don't see it. You are as blinkered as Hughton

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I thought he was a bit better than recently but he’s still a weak link for me.

A lot of people pick on his passing but it’s not that for me, his lack of positional awareness stresses me out every game. The amount of times the opposition play little passes around him is so frustrating, he just doesn’t read the game well enough for that important position. And he can’t tackle very well.

I’ll admit that I rate DS (apart from the Cardiff match, when he was a 0 or 1 out of 10, and some PL matches a couple of months ago).

Yes, I’ve noticed those little passes around him, but imho it’s where he’s targeted by three opposition players coming at him, 3 on 1, with Propper and everyone else miles up field.

All about perceptions and opinions.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
But Stephens is a holding midfielder not one that is going to shoot, so not sure that is a fair comparison.

In terms of the challenges as per my post, I felt there were some he should have won.

Propper of late has been awful, and we looked better without him today.

Think we’ll disagree on this [emoji2]

I think we will disagree but if he is on the edge of the box holding midfielder or no please just try rather than turn around and back pass try to cross shoot rather than just try a pass that gets intercepted. Wolves pumped in cross after cross they were mostly bad but the volume meant they nearly got something out of them.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
7 for defensive display with Lady Luck having a good game. Offensively 4. The defensive unit is our only strength and it needs to get us over the line. I’ve been one of those calling for Kayal to replace Propper and feel justified. Kayal got in their faces, hard working and not as sloppy. Solly getting back to the Solly we know. Issy, worryingly, was like a lame horse.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Ryan - 7 Couple of vital saves
Bruno - 7 worked hard, struggled to get forward
Bong - 7 worked hard, struggled to get forward
Duffy - 8 Solid especially in the air
Dunk - 8 A very lazy pass could of cost us but generally solid
March - 6 tried hard but not easy to retain the ball without support
Propper wasn't on long
Stephens - 5 need more creativty
Izquierdo - 5 more to come from him.
Gross - 7 lots of effort hard working
Murray - 5 very hard to make an impact without any service

Kayal - 8 Brilliant effort, unlucky long range strike
Bernardo 6 not on a great amount of time but no mistakes despite heavy pressure down that side.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Disagree he was lethargic going into an number of challenges he may be worried of another sending off for a mistimed tackle and thats how it seemed to me. Wolves crossed and shot at the first opportunity. Stephens doesnt EVER and yet again this game. Propper is better without him and I worry at how bad his injury is.

He was booked for bailing out Bong and/or Izquierdo if memory serves, who handed them possession when we were pushed up.

Many of his bookings are bailing out teammates, I know some struggle with this concept.

He had a decent game, looked comfortable with Kayal and a constant line of communcation between them.

On the basis of a defensive display, they were pretty much all 7's except our two CBs and Kayal getting 8's.

Edit: Actually Glenn could have done much better with his hold up play, so a 6.

Last edited:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Ryan 7
Bruno 6 (Bernardo 70min, 6)
Duffy 6
Dunk 7
Bong 6
March 6
Groß 6
Stephens 5
Pröpper 3 (Kayal 10min, 7 MOM)
Izquierdo 5
Murray 5

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Wolves pumped in cross after cross they were mostly bad but the volume meant they nearly got something out of them.

Yes they did, but I’d be very concerned if Stephens was out wide trying to close those down, our shape would go completely.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Because like most supporters you look at his energy and drive not his end product. and what is produced.

Propper has one goal and maximum two assists in about 75 prem games. So by your methods propper is ****ing useless (he is).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Propper has one goal and maximum two assists in about 75 prem games. So by your methods propper is ****ing useless (he is).

I think Propper is a good player, the trouble is when he is not producing (which has been the case in the last month or so), he looks terrible and quite lethargic.

Given where we are we need to gritty, tenacious, fighters which to be fair isn’t really Propper’s game. Kayal fits that mould a lot more.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think Propper is a good player, the trouble is when he is not producing (which has been the case in the last month or so), he looks terrible and quite lethargic.

Given where we are we need to gritty, tenacious, fighters which to be fair isn’t really Propper’s game. Kayal fits that mould a lot more.

Lol, he was my player of the season before we went on this dire run :rolleyes:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Lol, he was my player of the season before we went on this dire run :rolleyes:

Funny, I thought he was a little inconsistent at the start, then brilliant, then came the haircut and loss of strength...... [emoji23].

Know what you mean though, surely in top 3 over the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here