Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man City v Tottenham CL......Porto v liverpool

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Except he wasn’t. Even Pep thought it was offside ��*♂️

Pep was being gracious.

The whole POINT of offside is to stop players goalhanging. But its morphed into this ridiculous scenario now where your're offside if your left bollock flaps beyond the last defender. And now we have VAR, you're quite literally counting pixels. Ridiculous.

When I come to power, the offside law will dictate that there must be clear daylight between the attacker and the last defender. If its level, he's on. If its marginal, he's on. If he's half a yard forward, if there's daylight, he's offside. That will take us back to the spirit of the law. Not trying to decipher if someones KNEE was offside when it was played ffs.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Pep was being gracious.

The whole POINT of offside is to stop players goalhanging. But its morphed into this ridiculous scenario now where your're offside if your left bollock flaps beyond the last defender. And now we have VAR, you're quite literally counting pixels. Ridiculous.

When I come to power, the offside law will dictate that there must be clear daylight between the attacker and the last defender. If its level, he's on. If its marginal, he's on. If he's half a yard forward, if there's daylight, he's offside. That will take us back to the spirit of the law. Not trying to decipher if someones KNEE was offside when it was played ffs.

Ah now if we’re if we’re talking about the rules as we’d like them to be, then can I add to your “daylight” rule an instruction to refs that players do not have to wait for a ref to be ready to take a free kick (stop all this crowding the ref to argue), and play is not held up for substitutions - as soon as the number is held up play can continue, then the f*****s will get off the pitch quicker, with none of this shaking everyone’s hand and doing a lap of honour before getting to the touch line.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Pep was being gracious.

The rules are being changed because of VAR, not sure that was what was agreed when it came in.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Pep was being gracious.

But... he was offside. There needs to be a definitive definition of offside. The rules are clear and fair. Good call by VAR.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ah now if we’re if we’re talking about the rules as we’d like them to be, then can I add to your “daylight” rule an instruction to refs that players do not have to wait for a ref to be ready to take a free kick (stop all this crowding the ref to argue), and play is not held up for substitutions - as soon as the number is held up play can continue, then the f*****s will get off the pitch quicker, with none of this shaking everyone’s hand and doing a lap of honour before getting to the touch line.

Agreed. I'd also bring in the "free pass" rule that they have in hockey, whereby if there's a foul, you don't even have to pass the ball or shoot, you can just get up and immediately dribble with the ball.

That'd certainly train defenders minds straight away and stop any arguments with the ref over the decision. They wouldn't have time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here