Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Guys, we're going to be fine

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
We really are going to be OK. We're not necessarily going to stay up, but we'll be fine. Things aren't like they were when we were relegated in 1983 and the rot had begun to set in. We have an owner with the club in his very bones, who has set up a training facility and youth programme that should allow us to weather bumps in the road such as this. One hopes that the wage structure and probable clauses pertaining to relegation should ensure we don't careen straight off the financial cliff. We probably wouldn't bounce straight back up but we'll be OK.

I'll be coming back for more anyway. Pretty sure I'll be seeing most of you there too.

Yes, agreed. Much as I loved the original Glory Years (still my favourite period) you always got the feeling that the Albion then was like a ropey car being driven by a pissed kangaroo - there was obviously going to be a crash at some stage so just try and enjoy the spectacle before it happened. Today you get the feeling that the club is much better run and relegation from the top flight won't be the first step in a near-terminal decline.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
We really are going to be OK. We're not necessarily going to stay up, but we'll be fine. Things aren't like they were when we were relegated in 1983 and the rot had begun to set in. We have an owner with the club in his very bones, who has set up a training facility and youth programme that should allow us to weather bumps in the road such as this. One hopes that the wage structure and probable clauses pertaining to relegation should ensure we don't careen straight off the financial cliff. We probably wouldn't bounce straight back up but we'll be OK.

I'll be coming back for more anyway. Pretty sure I'll be seeing most of you there too.

A youth programme that has generally supplied a steady stream of League Two loanees and League of Ireland players. Are any of the u-23s good enough to play in the Championship?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
...you always got the feeling that the Albion then was like a ropey car being driven by a pissed kangaroo

:lol::lol::lol: :bowdown:

A youth programme that has generally supplied a steady stream of League Two loanees and League of Ireland players. Are any of the u-23s good enough to play in the Championship?

Firstly, the academy is still in its infancy and Ashworth has barely had time to get his feet under the table. Secondly, a different manager might be prepared to give youth its day. I'm not suggesting for a moment that everybody in our youth ranks is a slice of fried gold in the making but I think it's far too soon to simply write the project off.

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010
Our run of atrocious form is due to come to an end.

Wolves: 2-1 win
Tottenham: 1-1 draw
Newcastle: 3-0 win
Arsenal 0-0 draw
ManCity 2-1 defeat
Although it seems very unlikely this is
BHA it’s not totally out of the question is it?
I know we have been really poor but as op say
our run of this shit has to end and we get a bit of mozel

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here