Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We’ve become slow, predictable and conservative . . .

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Funny isn’t. 28,000 of us loyally sitting there game after game, watching the burnt out pile of dross. Optimistic with pints of beer and singing in the concourses at 2.30pm, long faces in a made dash for the buses and trains at 4.25pm.

You’ve got to see the funny side of it.

I totally get the hilarity of leaving home at 0900, sitting for 75 minutes hoping that something to cheer me up might happen, and getting home at 2000. Enjoyed a couple of pints with friends but think might meet them in Chichester next time. That would be far more funny.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Of course the top teams in the Premiership are a class above teams like the Albion and we have to play a defensive style which entails a lot of running to make up for our lack of possession which over the season results in players burn out and a number being unfit, which explains our present situation

Hmm, might just be that they are not good enough.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I totally get the hilarity of leaving home at 0900, sitting for 75 minutes hoping that something to cheer me up might happen, and getting home at 2000. Enjoyed a couple of pints with friends but think might meet them in Chichester next time. That would be far more funny.

Just me looking at things in a silly way a day later. More to life than football.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Bloody hope not the Tories have made a complete mess of things of late...

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
There'll be 3 points in every game. Three for Wolves, Newcastle, Arsenal, Spurs and City.

Points galore! A treasure trove of points!

Exactly - just as there were 3 “banker” points against Watford, Burnley, Southampton and Bournemouth.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Of course, I get that too. But there are just the odd days when it seems a total waste of time and money; having to travel 6 hours adds to that. Yesterday was one of those.

Please don’t be annoyed, but we don’t have to go. Shirley you’re used it by now after 20 months of generally getting outplayed and losing. I can’t believe how loyal our away fans are, travelling thousands of PL miles to see us outclassed every fortnight.

I felt like shite watching Burnley, Stains and Bmuff all showing us how to defend, have a propper midfield and how to attack.

But the next day, after moaning on NSC, I felt fine.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I agree with all that, except I watched Stephens and he did keep his defensive position, but was overloaded by three pacey CM'ers counter attacking 3 on 1.

Great and good teams always leave protection back, if other CM'ers take a risk and join an attack.

We're not a good team.

Agreed - and the key word is “pace”, which we don’t have but you need it if you’re forced to play on the counter as we are in almost every match. Pace isn’t just about running speed, it’s also speed of thought - at times our decision making is too slow and we miss the opportunity to get the ball forward quickly.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Of course, I get that too. But there are just the odd days when it seems a total waste of time and money; having to travel 6 hours adds to that. Yesterday was one of those.

I nearly gave my tickets to my brother for Tuesday as I am supposed to be at a leaving event for an old work colleague. Then I came to my senses.

It may be shit and painful but it is ours, and if it starts to go wrong it is up to us to say so. A day at home is sometimes understandable. But not on Tuesday. It will be emotional, one way or another....

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
“These are a good side, and our levels were not where we wanted them to be today.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here