Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Cardiff

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I can’t tell who will get the last relegation slot, all the games seem to be so different.
Heartened by the Wembley display, but will we play like that for the next few games, I doubt it.
Both Cardiff and Stains blow hot and cold though Stains look to have quite improved.
I can see us staying up, but by the skin of our teeth and in 17th spot.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I just think that a similar pattern of performance next year may not afford us that chance. We have to get it right this summer otherwise I think we will start of in the favoured bottom three.

I agree.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
We will stay up if we deserve to. Cardiff could do really well from now to the end of the season and still not stay up.

We are going to be one of the favourites for relegation next year if we do stay up.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
In 2019 our performances and points have not matched up. We have had very good performances with no points and some average performances that got us points. Overall I think we deserve to have more points than we do have at this stage in the season, but thats the way it goes. I think we are better than we were last season, and deserve to stay up, but that is no guarantee until we get the necessary points.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Away to Burnley is a really tough game for Cardiff as after that Burnley have got Chelsea away, Man City home, Everton away and Arsenal home so Burnley are going to be massively up for it as that is realistically their only chance of getting more points and ensuring they’re safe.

I can’t see Cardiff getting anything there.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Oh yes, I agree that we have enough to stay up. I just think that a similar pattern of performance next year may not afford us that chance. We have to get it right this summer otherwise I think we will start of in the favoured bottom three.
I comfort myself with the thought that Watford were pretty crap last season and amongst the favourites to go down this time. With a good summer, we will hopefully be able to haul things around next season.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Burnley know that if they dont lose next week they will be safe so our aim has got to be minimum 4 points from the Bournemouth and Cardiff games.

Personally I think we have more chance of getting three points from the Bournemouth game, than we do from the Cardiff one. Bournemouth have nothing left to play for, save local bragging rights and the ignominy of losting to their south coast rivals, whilst for Cardiff can't afford to lose at any cost.

Warnock will have his players all fired up for the game. They will play ultra defensively, get eleven men behind the ball, time waste, get into the referee's ear, moan at every decision given against them, and generally try to frustrate the hell out of us. All things l'm afraid that a Neil Warnock side are very capable of doing.

It's going to a long night, and not a game l'm looking forward to.

goldstoneseagull

Aug 9, 2017
Personally I think we have more chance of getting three points from the Bournemouth game, than we do from the Cardiff one. Bournemouth have nothing left to play for, save local bragging rights and the ignominy of losting to their south coast rivals, whilst for Cardiff can't afford to lose at any cost.

Warnock will have his players all fired up for the game. They will play ultra defensively, get eleven men behind the ball, time waste, get into the referee's ear, moan at every decision given against them, and generally try to frustrate the hell out of us. All things l'm afraid that a Neil Warnock side are very capable of doing.

This is true and why next week (Bmuff) is a must win, or at very least a must not lose.

If we get a point v Bmuff and Cardiff win next week then beat us, we still have the G/D but will be tight.

If we get a point v Bmuff and Cardiff lose next week then I still think we have sufficient margin.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This is true and why next week (Bmuff) is a must win, or at very least a must not lose.

If we get a point v Bmuff and Cardiff win next week then beat us, we still have the G/D but will be tight.

If we get a point v Bmuff and Cardiff lose next week then I still think we have sufficient margin.

The one thing we need to avoid at all costs is losing to Cardiff, and even if we only take a single point from the Bournemouth game we may still be ok. With that five point gap, we just need to match their results. Who knows? we could even end up surviving with the points total that we have now. Would like a few more though just to be on the safe side!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I would agree with you but what really irks me as I like Neil Warnock as a manager but when he was ranting about the Chelsea goals he conveniently forgot that against us their first was a foul and the 2nd by Bamba was offside, but that was ok and all in the game

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I would agree with you but what really irks me as I like Neil Warnock as a manager but when he was ranting about the Chelsea goals he conveniently forgot that against us their first was a foul and the 2nd by Bamba was offside, but that was ok and all in the game

I would go as far as saying that, away from the game Neil Warnock is probably quite a knowledgable and genial bloke. Let's face it too, that if he had Cardiff playing open attacking football, they would almost certainly have gone the same way as Huddersfield and Fulham by now..

He is simply doing all that he can to keep his club in the Premier League the best way that he possibly can. Horrible to watch l know, but can he really be blamed for that?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
If Cardiff avoid defeat against Burnley and you, I can see them beating Fulham and us .
Bournemouth are on the beach, so there’s the 3 points you need.
Damn those 6 points we gave you .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Burnley know that if they dont lose next week they will be safe so our aim has got to be minimum 4 points from the Bournemouth and Cardiff games.
Agreed.

And we also have the safety net of the Newcastle game as well - in which a win would probably see us safe anyway.

And it's about time we beat Bournemouth on home pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here