Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sergio Aguero

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You'd rather face Jesus than Aguero, in reality. We all know their squad is filthy with talent, you get what you pay for (in some cases, in others you get Eliaquim Mangala for £40m). Their time is very, very good but we're not taking a ramshackle bunch of binmen and bar workers.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Quite liking the Beeb's constantly-plugged semi-final advert. We even get a bit of a mention :thumbsup:

Yes I glanced up from something I was reading and saw Chris Hughton, then Glen Murray and realised it was an advert for Saturday's game. Maybe we're not quite under the radar now?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Their time is very, very good but we're not taking a ramshackle bunch of binmen and bar workers.

Quite right. We're taking a squad of highly trained, professional footballers...

..who played last weekend like a ramshackle bunch of binmen and bar workers for 70 minutes.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Quite right. We're taking a squad of highly trained, professional footballers...

..who played last weekend like a ramshackle bunch of binmen and bar workers for 70 minutes.

This - unfortunately :moo:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Ideally for us they play a very good team on Wed, they get battered hacked and injured . . . . rested for Sat, thereafter I don't care.

If Man city played a full reserve team we might possibly have a chance if we actually turn up.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I know a binman and some bar workers . . . . they're better than what I saw last Saturday in B&W stripes.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
How were Chelsea doing v Cardiff before bringing the best players off the bench? Don’t risk it v Cardiff Pep, just rest them at Wembley.

At the Etihad is a different proposition to a toxic Chelsea at Cardiff. I'd fancy City reserves to beat half the PL teams at home.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Just the other 2 billion pounds worth of talent to contend with. Let’s face it, if this was a game of poker we wouldn’t even be allowed to sit at the table.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun

That was just a cunning plan by CH and the players to con Man City into thinking that Brighton are shit.
City will stroll out on Saturday thinking that the game is already won, and BAM, the Albion will steam into them from the KO and tear them a new one.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The good thing is that they are going for the title so will not field a weakened side against Cardiff and blow their chances. A 1-0 win to them would suffice or even a draw wouldn't be a disaster for us, provided we can match their result when we play at Chelsea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here