Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Backroom Team

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Yes it will be interesting to see if Sidwell and Rosenior keep their jobs.

Sidwell is an U16s coach. Would be surprised he gets the boot because the first team training staff are changing.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Why of course?
They were both brought in by Hughton and may not be what Potter wants in their respective roles.

Personally I feel they are both assets to the club still, but that is mainly due to the esteem they are held in by fans.

They were not brought in by Hughton. They were brought in by the club, the same club that subsequently employed them in roles outside the manager's purview following their retirement.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
My guess would be that only Ben Robert's job is absolutely safe.

Let's hope so: Swansea's goalkeepers were nothing to write home about last season.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I think some wires have been crossed here, my comment regarding Curtis was as to who would be the club (BHA) man that GP has on his coaching staff rather than bringing Alan Curtis with him, i.e Rosenior Sidwell or Bruno to join the first team squad’s coaching staff.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Why of course?
They were both brought in by Hughton and may not be what Potter wants in their respective roles.

Personally I feel they are both assets to the club still, but that is mainly due to the esteem they are held in by fans.

Isn't Rosenior Rusk's assistant (ie u23s), and Sidwell u16 coach/manager? If so, surely their appointments are more down to Ashworth, Rusk or Bloom than Hughton

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Isn't Rosenior Rusk's assistant (ie u23s), and Sidwell u16 coach/manager? If so, surely their appointments are more down to Ashworth, Rusk or Bloom than Hughton

yeah many people have pointed out that my paranoia is misplaced.
Glad to hear this as the squad of 16/17 were a class act.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I imagine the new setup will have Potter in charge of the first team, Ashworth in charge of everything else football related, Barber in charge of everything non football related with Bloom ultimately in charge.

Be interesting to see if Potter brings along anyone recruitment related.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/sp...ow-albions-new-look-management-team-will-work

Albion could tie up a deal for Graham Potter and his backroom staff today.

Talks aimed at bringing in the Swansea boss along with Billy Reid, Bjorn Hamberg and Kyle Macaulay made progress over the weekend.

Swansea gave the green light for Potter to make his move into the Premier League after a release clause of approaching £3 million was triggered on Saturday afternoon.

The new set-up will involve Reid, a former PFA Scottish manager of the year at Hamilton, as assistant boss and Hamberg as first team coach.

Macaulay, who has been Potter’s trusted recruitment chief at both Swansea and Ostersunds FK, will also make the move.

He will report to Paul Winstanley, who heads Albion’s recruitment team.

It is understood the length of Potter’s contract with the Seagulls was one of the matters under discussion yesterday.

Potter had not travelled to Sussex as of late yesterday afternoon and the deal was not yet complete.

But further progress is expected today and Albion are happy with the way things are moving forward.

They have already been linked with a move for Oliver McBurnie, the 22-year-old Leeds-born striker who scored 22 Championship goals for mid-table Swansea last season.

Potter was offered a new contract by Swansea but, amid financial constraints, assurances over playing resources do not appear to have been forthcoming.

Further evidence of the challenges facing the club emerged hours before Potter was cleared for talks when they announced their retained list.

Among those being let go was experienced winger Wayne Routledge, a man the manager had wanted to keep.

Speaking on the final day of the season, Potter said of Routledge: "He is someone who I think is important for the club going forward and we will be speaking to him over the next days and weeks – now we have a chance to – to try and do something to keep him at the club.”

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Potter and Rusk were teammates at Boston Utd in 2003/4.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here