[Albion] Didn’t think you’d be brave enough to sack him

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Sorry to see all the criticism the club has had in the media

Far more than even we had at Norwich

You can enjoy watching football again now ��

Hopefully not at our expense next season

I think the fallout has been worse BECAUSE of what happened to him at Norwich. Had he not been perceived as being treated unfairly by Norwich and Newcastle, it wouldn't have been such a big deal, I don't think.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You’ve basically copied our progress in the premier league - started ok, got to spend some money which was wasted, couldn’t score goals, sleepwalking towards relegation playing dire football and no plan B

Biggest difference was you didn’t have the bottom side going on an end of season tear up winning nearly every game and sending you down

No, the biggest difference is that we had 3 years with him PRIOR to the Premier league during which he turned us from Championship relegation candidates to promotion candidates to actually being promoted in 2 short years. Oh and we dicked your shower 5-0 in the process. And whilst that was a couple of years ago now, your fans were harping on about him being boring even then.

So forgive us for taking your "told you so" bollocks with a grain of salt, because some of you bumpkins have been banging on about it for years.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
How do you know? It might be the best decision we've ever made.

It won't ever be the best decision we've ever made.

We were staring League One in the face, and we've finished with 2 seasons in the top flight with 2 decent FA Cup runs. Hughton being appointed was one of the best we've ever made. Improving our Premier League standing if that happens will be because of what Hughton set up, not in spite of him.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
No, the biggest difference is that we had 3 years with him PRIOR to the Premier league during which he turned us from Championship relegation candidates to promotion candidates to actually being promoted in 2 short years. Oh and we dicked your shower 5-0 in the process. And whilst that was a couple of years ago now, your fans were harping on about him being boring even then.

So forgive us for taking your "told you so" bollocks with a grain of salt, because some of you bumpkins have been banging on about it for years.

In fairness, they only ever saw him as a PL manager, they never had him in the Championship.

Would we be talking as favourably about him if someone else had got us here and this was his only season in charge?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In fairness, they only ever saw him as a PL manager, they never had him in the Championship.

Would we be talking as favourably about him if someone else had got us here and this was his only season in charge?
No, but then I wouldn't be on their site telling everyone how we knew this would happen etc etc.

The fact is, he has been absolutely superb for us until January 2019.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
No, but then I wouldn't be on their site telling everyone how we knew this would happen etc etc.

The fact is, he has been absolutely superb for us until January 2019.

I was saying how brave you were to sack him - didn’t see it coming tbf

Everyone knows why Norwich and Brighton fans were less than enthused by much of the premier league football

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Sorry to see all the criticism the club has had in the media

Far more than even we had at Norwich

You can enjoy watching football again now ��

Hopefully not at our expense next season

I suppose the difference is that we will always love him for what he's done, are sad at a fine man leaving, and that he should never have to buy a pint in Brighton again.

Which I don't think is necessarily the case in Norwich?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

Everyone knows why Norwich and Brighton fans were less than enthused by much of the premier league football

But a lot of the Premier League football played by at least six of the clubs is not really anything to get excited about. Norwich will probably find that out next season if you struggle and start losing every week........i think it unfair to shout this about Hughtons tenure at Brighton and Norwich. His departure is a huge gamble by our chairman, understandable but a gamble. If we go down under a new manager we are less likely to return than if we kept Hughton in charge.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

There is an irony in you being relegated to the Championship because of an ex Albion manager’s influence at Sunderland and us getting promoted to the Premier League by an ex Norwich one, you have to admit.

Virtually none of us saw CH’s sacking and although plenty weren’t happy with the last few months, most were happy to trust the chairman if he stuck with him.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Hughton's sacking is a decision the Albion will learn to sincerely regret in the next few years to come.

I think you could look back on today and the next few days as the time when the club embarked on its greatest ever period, with Graham Potter in charge.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

You know f#ck all about anything that happened at Norwich behind the scenes. You couldn't even acknowledge the other week that your fans had racially abused him on social media and had thrown missiles at him without having it thrust on your face in black and white.

His time at Brighton is not the same as it was at Norwich and to suggest that it was is to be deluded. Your self sanctimonious shit is totally unwarranted. To come on to the Brighton website and to suggest your club or your fans have the same class is clutching at straws. Brighton as a club and their fans puts your club and fans to shame, in the respect that they gave Chris.

There - Rant Over. I knew I needed to get some of my disappointment out - Phew !

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
seems unnecessarily hostile, seeing as initial comment was being supportive of our club and saying we're being harshly represented.

You think?

I agree with [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] (I ticked his post but somehow it didn't pick up the quote)
Norwich fans have been waiting to say I told you so.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
You know f#ck all about anything that happened at Norwich behind the scenes. You couldn't even acknowledge the other week that your fans had racially abused him on social media and had thrown missiles at him without having it thrust on your face in black and white.

His time at Brighton is not the same as it was at Norwich and to suggest that it was is to be deluded. Your self sanctimonious shit is totally unwarranted. To come on to the Brighton website and to suggest your club or your fans have the same class is clutching at straws. Brighton as a club and their fans puts your club and fans to shame, in the respect that they gave Chris.

There - Rant Over. I knew I needed to get some of my disappointment out - Phew !

I said I’d seen no such thing or charges against any fans

Glad to see you’re coping well with the news

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You’ve basically copied our progress in the premier league - started ok, got to spend some money which was wasted, couldn’t score goals, sleepwalking towards relegation playing dire football and no plan B

Biggest difference was you didn’t have the bottom side going on an end of season tear up winning nearly every game and sending you down
No, the biggest difference is that we finished with 3 more points than you, and a much better goal difference (and therefore stayed up). You deserved to go down that season, no point blaming it on the another team for being less shit. We didn't deserve to go down this season.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Kept us up twice. As he would have done you, had your club not been so pig ignorant.

I bet it was thrilling to watch Fulham get relegated this season.

Can't wait to watch your lot drop again next year. Probably with us along for the ride now.

Remember when I overreacted about us getting beat by Aberdeen and you followed me around the board on and off for years reminding me about it?

This is your Aberdeen moment. Calm the hell down we haven't even got a new manager yet, nor have we signed a player, or kicked a ball.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
No, the biggest difference is that we finished with 3 more points than you, and a much better goal difference (and therefore stayed up). You deserved to go down that season, no point blaming it on the another team for being less shit. We didn't deserve to go down this season.

And had we finished on your points and GD we’d have still been relegated

No doubt you deserved to stay up though as you were better than 3 other teams

I think next season could be one of the toughest ever to survive especially if Villa win the playoffs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here