Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] *** Official Fridat Night Drinking Thread ***

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8906172 said:
Currently at the ZAMORA family abode in Paros, Greece and smashing a bottle of local red SOLO! Ohh arrrr mister!

Love Paros.

DId Mycenae a few years ago.....ended up taking a degree in Classics after that.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Love Paros.

DId Mycenae a few years ago.....ended up taking a degree in Classics after that.

Good for you mate! Greece is a pretty inspiring place... It's such a tiny country and I've been here countless times - for family reasons I always end up visiting the same places but feel I could spend a lifetime travelling here and not see everything.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think I have just glimpsed the future ! PIELLA !!!! mnnn pie served on a bed of saffron and fish/ shellfish flavoured rice !!!!

My spelling is shite!

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Just back from the White Lion in Aldeburgh having quaffed 4 pints of Mad Goose . Decent ale from Purity Brewery in Warwickshire I believe .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Seeing as I am holiday with Mrs Jakarta no such nonsense likely but a word to those single NSCers, there are an incredibly high amount of gorgeous women in Moscow and St Peters. If I were twenty (alright then thirty) years younger etc...

Eased down a bottle of Pinot Grigio with a seafood pasta tonight, currently on final nightcap and doing (and hopefully sampling) a vodka distillery tomorrow prior to returning to Hotel for talk by the fragrant Lucy Worsley of BBC Fame in the evening who will be giving us a talk on the Romanoffs.

Bloke who I used to work with had a young-ish Russian wife and he somehow conned her on to the payroll. She was no more than a size 8 and her idea of dressing down was a mini skirt, sheer black tights and tight top. She was also as mad as a sackful of badgers and as entitled as a bus full of plastic Scousers and Arsenal TV contributors. She would have been too high maintenance for most men just on a Monday. They recently left work to go to another country and I'm imagining she either got an LV handbag and at least two glasses of champers in the lounge at the airport, or he's single.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Nice rich bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape is currently breathing heavily before consumption.

Asthma before consumption huh....... one for the oldies there.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
A couple of pints of Harveys at the Lewes CFC Juniors awards night celebrating the success of mini-Exile and a whole host of other local young footballing talent, and a few bottles of Dead Pony Club in the fridge when I get home. Good times.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Westvleteren 12 on the menu tonight.

St Bernadus 12 is a better beer and a damn sight cheaper, I have that on the authority of a Belgian in Ypres..... so, yah boo sucks .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
St Bernadus 12 is a better beer and a damn sight cheaper, I have that on the authority of a Belgian in Ypres..... so, yah boo sucks .

I've tried both and strongly disagree. It's also not expensive if you pick up a few crates direct, which is the way the monks prefer it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I've tried both and strongly disagree. It's also not expensive if you pick up a few crates direct, which is the way the monks prefer it.

Do behave ! you can't pick up a few crates as the Monks limit you to a crate per person and no more than 4 crates to a car..... and they are pricey when you include the price of crate that they charge you for too. Besides, the Rocheforte 10 is pretty much THE top end Belgian these days.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Do behave ! you can't pick up a few crates as the Monks limit you to a crate per person and no more than 4 crates to a car..... and they are pricey when you include the price of crate that they charge you for too. Besides, the Rocheforte 10 is pretty much THE top end Belgian these days.

By few crates I mean more than 1, two per car to be precise. Between 3 of us it cost £35 each for 12 bottles, I wouldn't say that's extortionate for what has been classed as the best beer in the world. Will be cheaper next time when we return the crates and bottles too. :wink:

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ooooh, I've not been on one of these threads for ages.

A glass or three of La Terrasse Chablis from Waitrose.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
By few crates I mean more than 1, two per car to be precise. Between 3 of us it cost £35 each for 12 bottles, I wouldn't say that's extortionate for what is classed as the best beer in the world. Will be cheaper next time when we return the crates and bottles too. :wink:

Trust me, next time you go to Belgium, forget Westvletteren and go to Vanuxeem in Ploegsteert, about 20 miles south. More decent beers than you can wave a sweaty sock at.http://www.vanuxeem.com/en/home

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here