Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool fans have their doubts about us...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
19/1 home win on Betfair this morning. OK, away win is the most likely outcome, but no way should we be out at 19. 17/2 the draw.

It was 22/1 on Betfair yesterday. Obviously the money men (in the know) are piling in. :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Realistically Citeh are likely to be champions (I am hoping not), so assuming that is the case, will they present the trophy at on the pitch at the Amex? I seem to recall that previously it wasn't presented unless the Champions were playing at home, to prevent any unsavouryness from the home supporters- imagine Citeh being presented with it at Old Trtafford, Anfield, etc

Swansea were given the trophy on the pitch at Withdean when they won League One a few years back.

I'm sure they'll do the presentation at the Amex if/when City win it. I'll certainly hang back for a gander, not likely to see it again are we.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Swansea were given the trophy on the pitch at Withdean when they won League One a few years back.

I'm sure they'll do the presentation at the Amex if/when City win it. I'll certainly hang back for a gander, not likely to see it again are we.

They might well do it opposite the south stand in any case, so we won't see much from the north.

I shall hang around to see our players do their lap of appreciation, especially if it is Bruno's last appearance. :cry:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I don't really care who wins the league, but a draw against City could be seen as a victory for us. Being able to compete against the best the league can offer would be a good moral boost.

3-3 would be good........in both matches. Numbnuts espirito santo will have to raise his game though

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
All the whining Scousers online changing their profile photos to Glenn Murray and complaining about the likelihood of us folding against City are completely missing the point that they have a job to do as well.

Pipe down and beat Wolves, and then worry about us/ City.

Personally, I really hope there are some classic final game dramatics. It's one of the best things in football when word of good news arrives from another game, and the cheer starts to spread along the crowd. Always starting with one lone guy who somehow has five seconds advance notice of said good news over everyone else (this happened in the WSU when we were waiting for news from Cardiff last week), then some of those around him follow blindly, a few others are like "YES! Wait...is it confirmed? Can we trust him?", meanwhile the joy is already streaming along the stand like an audio Mexican wave, and then finally it's official, and everybody goes nuts.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
My mate lives in Hastings now, big Albion fan but a Brighton lad. His neighbour, originally a Crawley lad is one of these insufferable Liverpool armchair fans. He blagged an away ticket off us on the pretext that he was an Albion fan. This was the 4-0 up there last season.

He was full of "soak it all up lads" as we arrived at Anfield. How I didn't chin the twatt I'll never know. And after he had the nerve to hold 4 fingers up at us, his hosts. That's when I had a word in his ear. I rip him to shreds now every time I see him which thankfully isn't too often. "Oh no I support Man City now, taken a leaf out of your book".

I'll want Albion to win on Sunday, of course, no doubt. And hope the Bin Dippers mess up. If City win the League, c'est la vie. And I will search out every last poxy armchair pool fan at work.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Oh man, I am SO looking forward to Sunday.#

All season long I've been hoping City will win it, because the plastic Dippers would be so utterly INSUFFERABLE if they were Champions. But now its in our hands, I'd LOVE it if we were to provide the narrative for such a seismic shift in the title race. The entire world will have eyes on the Amex, and it really would be fantastic if we did something extraordinary that would be remembered forever.

And if we don't, as is likely, then meh. I'll hang back and watch the presentation, and enjoy the scouse fallout later. It really is win/win. Roll on Sunday.

Absolutely this :lolol:

Was going to post something VERY similar. I absolutely cannot wait for Sunday and a few ales with the eyes of the world on us. If a certain FB group goes offline for the summer as a result then all the better :lol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I like Liverpool. I’d much rather they won it than City.

Park the bus I say, and then it’s up to Klopp and co.

Don’t understand all this Liverpool hatred when City have bought the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liverpool have spent massively as well, it’s not some sort of fairytale

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
The Brighton Kop: 270 miles from Anfield but no less Liverpool

Who gives a crap what a load of armchair fans from Plymouth, Maidstone, Guildford, Penzance, Hastings, Chelmsford, Hayes, Dudley, Warrington, Belfast, Chipping Norton, Barnsley, Truro, Brighton, Croydon, Milton Keynes, Piddinghoe, Tonbridge, Crawley, Chesterfield, Luton, Doncaster, Swansea...think. Most of them probably couldn't point Liverpool out on a map.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I think it's great that we are playing such a key part in the final day excitement. Most certainly Chris will have us well up for the task and I see no reason, on last night's first half display, why we shouldn't push Man City to the extremes of frustration. Bissouma to score the winner in the 88th minute?

TNBA

TTF

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
I am fed all I hear on the radio tv commentators saying that Man shitty have got the title because they are playing Brighton.
Let's ruin the party.

Exactly

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That’s a joke?

Surely?

Apparently not. The collection of lifelong fans, 95% of whom had never been to Anfield but dreamed of doing so (because of course Liverpool is such a hard place to get to), with barely a Scouse accent among them of course.

They meet at another bar now: the King & Queen thing is long gone. You can apply for tickets to their end of season party after the Wolves game if you like :lol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Apparently not. The collection of lifelong fans, 95% of whom had never been to Anfield but dreamed of doing so (because of course Liverpool is such a hard place to get to), with barely a Scouse accent among them of course.

They meet at another bar now: the King & Queen thing is long gone. You can apply for tickets to their end of season party after the Wolves game if you like :lol:

I think it maybe worth getting tickets for the potential tears.

I want Brighton to win all but 2 games a season, forgive for the hope for an extra defeat this season.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I’m not fence on this as I grew up in Liverpool so have a real soft spot for them.

This was in the 1970a and 80s when Liverpool was on its knees with 40% youth unemployment, militant Labour in control, the worst Heroin epidemic in UK history raging and the docks and shipyards closing.

It’s no surprise to me that folk in Sussex think of them as “scallies” thieving, dealing and otherwise up to no good but that isn’t how they were seen a generation before.

Liverpool USED to be associated with music, the arts, acting, and enterprise. The people there are warm and generous and the love of their team is quite something to behold. It’s a shame that poverty, drugs and deprivation drove the scumbag scousers south in search of work...bringing with them their drug habits and “rob anything not nailed down” mentality but I refuse to paint that proud city as full of scum because I know different.

I can understand Edna’s antipathy. I imagine she has dealt with lots of characters from Liverpool in, shall we say, a professional capacity. I DO hope though that she doesnt take a negative approach whenever she hears a Scouse accent...I’m sure she doesn’t but, hey, just saying.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I have my doubts about Liverpool fans but it doesn't affect my life :wink:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I’m not fence on this as I grew up in Liverpool so have a real soft spot for them.

This was in the 1970a and 80s when Liverpool was on its knees with 40% youth unemployment, militant Labour in control, the worst Heroin epidemic in UK history raging and the docks and shipyards closing.

It’s no surprise to me that folk in Sussex think of them as “scallies” thieving, dealing and otherwise up to no good but that isn’t how they were seen a generation before.

Liverpool USED to be associated with music, the arts, acting, and enterprise. The people there are warm and generous and the love of their team is quite something to behold. It’s a shame that poverty, drugs and deprivation drove the scumbag scousers south in search of work...bringing with them their drug habits and “rob anything not nailed down” mentality but I refuse to paint that proud city as full of scum because I know different.

I can understand Edna’s antipathy. I imagine she has dealt with lots of characters from Liverpool in, shall we say, a professional capacity. I DO hope though that she doesnt take a negative approach whenever she hears a Scouse accent...I’m sure she doesn’t but, hey, just saying.

Good post, I don't think it's the cassette nicking scallies we dislike but the Sussex folk that decide to support a team some 200+ miles away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here