Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big Match Revisited - Orient v BHA April 1979

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Doubtless the 32nd thread on this, but well worth a watch - currently on Virgin On Demand if you've got it. The whole 20 minutes of highlights is a historical documents from start to finish - Mullery's cigar smoke drifting over Peter Ward in the dugout, Sayer's flying hair, Jim Rosenthal's smug, but wooden punditry, Orient player combover blowing up in the wind, keepers without gloves, Blackpoolesque pitch, Mullery's glasses and entire flair ensemble, the enormous flared jeans in the crowd, Orient ballboys decked out in cheap, no brand red polyester tracksuits...

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Wasn't the one that finished 3-3 was it? With Martin Chivers scoring for us?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Wasn't the one that finished 3-3 was it? With Martin Chivers scoring for us?

if that was the match Teddy Maybank jumped up when a goal was scored and knocked himself silly

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
I was at that game, hardly of any interest to anybody but there you have it

As was I. I used to go to all the games in those days, home and away. Again, not that that's of interest to anyone. #justsayin

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Did Ralph Coates Score a blinder for them? If so, put me down as I was there!!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
No, that was the game the previous season when we won 1-0 with a Paul Clarke screamer from 30 yards.

my memory is crap
I did go to both and remember TB hitting his head on the top of the dugout and my mate nearing peeing himself laughing and thinking the flats at each corner would be great if you supported the Orient

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here